Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662
On 9gag to this picture.

(there's about 12 squares before this)
Untitled.png

I commented this.

Screen Shot 2012-11-12 at 8.16.06 PM.png

A bit unfair don't you think? :( and statistically, double the amount of people agree with him. I did have a bit of a laugh at the funny side of his comment though.

By the way this isn't about 9gag, it's just I posted it there. I love 9gag and I know a lot hate it, but I also like Reddit (did i broked de internets?)

Last edited:

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
There are 4 reasons why people hate Macs

1. They can't afford it.
2. They can't understand how to use it.
3. They think they aren't powerful enough (and oh boy are they wrong)
4. They genuinely just don't like the operating system (and usually it's never this one)

Sadly it seems the popular thing to do now is to hate Apple.

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662
I agree, and my original post on 9gag wasn't a Mac vs PC flame, I use both Windows and OS X but felt I needed to comment that.

In reply to your points.

1. Fair enough, but usually the cheaper laptops/towers do actually have lesser specs, usually inbuilt graphics not mentioned when compared to a MacBook Pro, processor is an underpowered one with 'moar gigahertz!!1'. However home built PCs are much cheaper.
2. That annoys me the most. Just ignorance. I don't hate most PC makes and Windows.
3. For gamers this is true, Macs are usually a little behind in graphics. For others they think Macs are just a 'toy'.
4. Fair enough, then they can use windows. Usually people who hate have never bothered to try.

I don't hate Windows and PCs, I have a PC and game on Windows, word process, visio etc. ..but I much prefer the workflow, simplicity but workhorse power of OS X and the timless design of Macs.

Simplicated

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2008
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
I can't think of a reason why people think Macs are toys. Post-production houses are using them, UNIX developers are using them, music producers are using them. People who bash Macs thinking they're toys are ignorant as hell.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
There are 4 reasons why people hate Macs

1. They can't afford it.
2. They can't understand how to use it.
3. They think they aren't powerful enough (and oh boy are they wrong)
4. They genuinely just don't like the operating system (and usually it's never this one)

Sadly it seems the popular thing to do now is to hate Apple.

You forgot one;

5. I hate Apple. Apple is evil. All Apple products suck. Therefore, Macs suck.

Mito

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2012
I´m visiting 9gag quite frequently and these things about how everyone hates Mac are normal for them. I mean like I like 9gag for posts but not for people. These people go to YT and spam it with "9gag army" which are apparently 13-16 years old children who have nothing to do. You can not really take it serious. Most likely they have never used Mac and they think they are bad just because they don´t have i7 and GTX 680M...
It´s like being in a room full of engineers while you are architect. They will laugh at you and so just because they don´t know how to value your ability. I mean like you look at Empire State Building and you see art made by architect which could not be created without engineer.

Of course they are some normal people who just laugh at these "hate" posts. Sometimes I give like to Apple-hate post if it is funny and not stupid (didn´t see one yet)

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662
I´m visiting 9gag quite frequently and these things about how everyone hates Mac are normal for them. I mean like I like 9gag for posts but not for people. These people go to YT and spam it with "9gag army" which are apparently 13-16 years old children who have nothing to do. You can not really take it serious. Most likely they have never used Mac and they think they are bad just because they don´t have i7 and GTX 680M...
It´s like being in a room full of engineers while you are architect. They will laugh at you and so just because they don´t know how to value your ability. I mean like you look at Empire State Building and you see art made by architect which could not be created without engineer.

Of course they are some normal people who just laugh at these "hate" posts. Sometimes I give like to Apple-hate post if it is funny and not stupid (didn´t see one yet)

Yeah, you're right about the architect to engineer analogy and how you can compare the bad 9gaggers to some of those YouTube hatred commenters.

I have laughed at some funny 'pick fun' of Apple posts too, but most are just like: "Macs suck cos there(sic) expensive and cant play games!!11"

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Fanboys love products from a company no matter what. Usually they don't even know why, 'they just do.'

Haters are gonna hate something just to 'hate it.' Back in my early days of Macs there used to be so much ignorance. Macs suck because they have only one button. Macs suck because they suck. Macs suck because they can't play games. Very childish insults. They have no weight to them at all.

Now you can dislike something but not be a hater. Like I'm more of an Android person than iOS due to the customization you can do out of the box. I don't think iOS is a bad OS, just not for me. I give a reasonable argument. Now if I said iPhones suck because their ***** that's just stupid and has no weight to it. I ignore those children who can't come with a good reasonable reason to dislike something.

And I bet that guy who said he 'used it' is either lying or didn't understand how to use it since they're used to Winblows - I mean Windows! :D Which was a reason mentioned by someone here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.