Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

artblue

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2012
I have lost my connection with WiFi my broadband is fine because my laptop is working,this problem happened on the Sky Plus app when I lost connection I wonder if I should reset to factory settings

Ghostbusters

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2012
I have lost my connection with WiFi my broadband is fine because my laptop is working,this problem happened on the Sky Plus app when I lost connection I wonder if I should reset to factory settings

Try resetting network settings and adding the network manually under "Other network" in the Wifi settings page. Or see if you are having the same problems as the people in the threads below:

5th gen iPod Touch keeps losing wifi connection

Camera makes wifi icon problem

iPod touch 5 extremely slow WiFi reception

No wifi icon when wifi connected ok

Last edited:

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2011
Earth

Lets go through some steps.

1. Turn on and off wifi (Settings<Wifi<Switch off)

2. Reset network settings, this is a bit risky if you don't know some of your router login passwords however here is how to do it
Settings<General<Reset<Reset network settings.

3. If all else fails, I would bring it up to a local Apple Store (If you have one)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.