Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Nov 12, 2012, 12:19 PM   #1
emmrossi
macrumors newbie

LaCie hard drive and mac

I backed up my mac computer on a LaCie hard drive. I got my computer wiped out and plugged in my hard drive again. My LaCie hard drive won't let me search it though. I can find files manually by clicking through, but when I type in the search bar it won't bring up any results.
emmrossi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:34 PM   #2
Knoodles
macrumors 6502

What are you using to search with? SpotLight? Finder? Try using the free app EasyFind instead.
Knoodles is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:30 PM   #3
LaCieTech
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmrossi View Post
I backed up my mac computer on a LaCie hard drive. I got my computer wiped out and plugged in my hard drive again. My LaCie hard drive won't let me search it though. I can find files manually by clicking through, but when I type in the search bar it won't bring up any results.
Hi,

If you're using the Finder to search, the volume needs to be added to your spotlight index and then it will be searchable.

~mn, LaCie
LaCieTech is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help