Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:13 PM   #1
qckslvrsiete
macrumors regular

Forcing 6.0.1 update

So, every few hours or so I keep getting the blue notification box (the old style, that freezes whatever you're doing until you respond) telling me a system restart is required before installing 6.0.1 and the only option in the notification box is to go to settings. Once in settings, it proceeds to tell me I can't install 6.0.1 OTA because I don't have enough space. I'll update to 6.0.1 when I'm good and ready and on my own time (probably in the next few days), but until then it's really annoying having a forced dialogue box come up that doesn't allow me to do anything but switch to my settings app. Has anyone found a way around this so I don't have to keep switching to settings then back to whatever I was doing until I install 6.0.1?
qckslvrsiete is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:21 PM   #2
tymaster50
macrumors 68030

Do you have something against 6.0.1?
tymaster50 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:24 PM   #3
qckslvrsiete
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymaster50 View Post
Nope, just haven't had the time to install it. I'll get to it eventually, seeing as it's the only way to make the red number one in my settings icon go away. But this blue restart notification is a whole new level of intrusiveness.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:25 PM   #4
lelisa13p
macrumors 68000

An iPhone 5 is doing this? I have an iPhone 4 that only shows the (1) badge on the Settings icon; never have gotten a nag message. I don't plan on updating it.
lelisa13p is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:25 PM   #5
tymaster50
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by qckslvrsiete View Post
Nope, just haven't had the time to install it. I'll get to it eventually, seeing as it's the only way to make the red number one in my settings icon go away. But this blue restart notification is a whole new level of intrusiveness.
nothing you can really do about it but install 6.0.1, it doesn't use all the space anyway so delete a few apps or something then when it's done reinstall it.
tymaster50 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:31 PM   #6
Cubeeless
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymaster50 View Post
Yes, I do. BTW i dont have the message. You can wait for an Jailbreak and then disable OTA updates.
Cubeeless is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:52 PM   #7
qckslvrsiete
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelisa13p View Post
An iPhone 5 is doing this? I have an iPhone 4 that only shows the (1) badge on the Settings icon; never have gotten a nag message. I don't plan on updating it.
Yeah. I think I realized the mistake I made. When the update came out, I tried to install it OTA and the "iOS Installer" app was put on my phone before the phone realized it didn't have enough space for the actual update. I think it's that app that's causing the notification.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone