Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tl01

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
I have an iPad 3 with Verizon LTE. I pay the $30 a month for 2gb on the post paid plan I believe it is. I was looking on the Verizon website and it seem that I can set up a mobile share? for my one iPad and get 4gb for $40. That is surely a better deal. Is this really possible and does anyone know if I can still use the hotspot that way? I usually use at least 2.5-3 gb a month so this would give me the extra I need for less.

tl01

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
I don't think you can get the share everything plan with just one tablet for $40.

The full breakdown is here.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/plan-information/?page=share-everything

Using their example calculator, the 4gb data plan with one tablet is $80.

You need to go to their calculator and input all your devices that would be on the account.

When I calculated it on one screen it said.. $80... I did it on some other page and it said $40. It was super weird. The $80 doesn't make any sense anyway. $30 for the data... And what's the other $50? I'm looking at shared data for devices.

tl01

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Finally had time to call them... Now I have 4gb of data for $40 a month... Including hotspot!

AzN1337c0d3r

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2010
I don't think you can get the share everything plan with just one tablet for $40.

The full breakdown is here.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/plan-information/?page=share-everything

Using their example calculator, the 4gb data plan with one tablet is $80.

You need to go to their calculator and input all your devices that would be on the account.

If you are looking to share with only-data devices you go to the Share Everything Options for Data Devices plan which $30/mo for 4 GB and then $10/mo for the access from the iPad.

rufinatti

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2012
does the share everything data-only plan require a contract? or is it month-to-month?

does it have an activation fee?

tl01

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
does the share everything data-only plan require a contract? or is it month-to-month?

does it have an activation fee?

She did not quote me anything as far as fees or contracts and since they didn't subsidize the iPad I don't think they'd be entitled to the contract. The first month is the most costly bc you pay two months but after that it is just the $40.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.