Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:16 PM   #1
soulfulpsy
macrumors newbie

Unable to close Multiple (!) Safari Windows

When I was out of the room, my cat decided to sit on my Macbook keyboard (it was running) and when I came back, somehow he had managed to open up about 70 Safari windows. This freezes the laptop and I cannot close them or quit Safari, nor even manage to get Safari shut down via force quit. The only thing that works is to shut the compter off with the on/off button. But then, as soon as I reopen Safari, all the windows come flying forth. I have check System, but nothing I've found or done has made any differene.

Suggestions? Thanks!
soulfulpsy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:19 PM   #2
chown33
macrumors 603

Hold down the OPTION key, then close one window by clicking its red circled-X control. All the windows should close.

Keyboard shortcut version: cmd+option+W
chown33 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 08:59 PM   #3
JediMeister
macrumors 68040

Hold the shift key when relaunching Safari. This temporarily disables the Resume feature which restores windows from the previous browsing session.
JediMeister is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help