Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nickbarbs

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 26, 2009
Hey guys,

Just wanted to state that I'm glad I bought this machine (2.3/16/256). Got a good price upfront and had confident despite the choppy state of Lion back in July, and despite Anandtech's reviews, I stuck with it.

The latest update has made things much more buttery for me especially at 1680x1050, but even at 1920x1200.

I had to endure a screen swap to get to a Sammy also but now that all is said and done and this machine has been updated software and hardwarewise (damn you apple) i'm using it and realizing it really is a great machine.

The recent graphics driver update really helped in all areas mission control, multitasking, itunes visualiser, games, everything.. you can tell they're focused on optimizing especially with the RMB13 inch at stake... I'm loving how smooth everything is now, on integrated GPU.

Here's to those of us who stuck to it. first one for me from apple after being a lifelong dell user, but using windows 8 and the latest osx, in this form factor, with this gaming ability, and this screen, battery, weight, touchpad which funny enough makes it better in windows 8 than most pcs, this makes it a truly superior computing device.

For those of you worried about the performance I wanted to express my satisfaction with all that is this machine right now.

AzN1337c0d3r

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2010
I agree it is a superb machine now that my LG panel has been replaced with a Samsung.

But the way that Apple has treated this whole image retention issue has me pissed off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.