Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod, iPad, Apple Watch > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:13 PM   #1
gnrredphoenix
macrumors member

Can you Overcharge and iphone 5?

Hi all, I have a question concerning the battery care of my iphone 5. This is the first iphone I've owned and I was just wondering if it was healthy for the battery to be left charging overnight even after it reaches 100%.

I've been trying to do some research regarding this, but I seem to be finding mixed opinions and apple's battery page seems pretty vague ... So for all of those who might know... is it possible to overcharge the iphone's battery/can i leave it sitting on the charger all night even if i plug it in at 40% and it then sits at 100% for 6 hours??

Thanks.
gnrredphoenix is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:17 PM   #2
Intell
macrumors P6

No, you cannot overcharge an iDevice.
Last edited by Intell; Yesterday at 11:53 AM.
Intell is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod, iPad, Apple Watch > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting