Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jacoblee23

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 10, 2011
The thing that has me most annoyed in switching iPads, is the fact that most games don't use iCloud, so installing the same game on both iPads is kind of pointless. I love the retina, but my ipad 3 seems so huge and awkward now, so I find myself using my mini the majority of the time. I don't want to regret this though. What do you think?

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
The only one who knows best for what you want/need is yourself. Asking us does nothing, I'm pretty sure you know what you wanna do in this situation.

Jacoblee23

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 10, 2011
I would like to keep both. The game save situation is getting annoying though.
The only one who knows best for what you want/need is yourself. Asking us does nothing, I'm pretty sure you know what you wanna do in this situation.

nStyle

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2009
Was in same situation. I ended up with the 4.

I could adjust to the mini screen fine, I just seen no point in two iPads that had 2 inches difference in the screen.

Larger ipad is just more versatile. It's great for the house and portable enough to not complain.

Something kind of weird on the mini I didn't like was the home button. Double tapping was a bitch.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I love the retina, but my ipad 3 seems so huge and awkward now,
Which is more important to you, the screen or the size? For many of us, the size of the tablet was the deciding factor.

If money is no concern then keep both, use the mini most of the time, but when you want the retina screen quality switch over to the iPad 3

Dstopsie

macrumors 68010
Jun 22, 2010
LOS ANGELES BABY!!
I would keep both I think each device has its own unique use. I use my iPad 4 around the house or when wanting to browse Internet content etc. and I use my iPad mini specifically for when I want to lay in bed, read watch TV on it surf the net view emails read magazine content because when I hold my iPad 4 While laying in bed my hand falls asleep because of the weight. I am a side sleeper and I tend to hold the iPad one-handed while I lay in bed. Since I got the iPad mini I no longer have this problem with my hand falling asleep and while I know it's kind of stupid to have both I think they both serve their own purpose.

Most likely when the new iPad mini comes out I would only upgrade if it was a retina display to make it easier to read otherwise for what I use it for in bed I don't think I would upgrade the iPad mini on the yearly cycle as I would update the iPad 4

I have had great success selling all my previous iPads on craigslist so I don't anticipate this being a problem with my current devices I have should I decide to upgrade them to the newest hardware when they are released

ditzy

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2007
The thing that has me most annoyed in switching iPads, is the fact that most games don't use iCloud, so installing the same game on both iPads is kind of pointless. I love the retina, but my ipad 3 seems so huge and awkward now, so I find myself using my mini the majority of the time. I don't want to regret this though. What do you think?

That seems to answer your question.

iosuser

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2012
Games look so much better on iPad 3.

Some do. Most look the same.

Games that support retina iPad yes. I actually think the older games without native retina support look better on the Mini.

iPhone apps running 2x mode on the iPad 3 looks MUCH better than the Mini, especially apps with a lot of text - hello Apple Store. Why is there still not a native or universal iPad Apple Store app?!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.