Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:38 AM   #1
cstromme
macrumors regular

Connecting WD Passport drives to an Airport Extreme? Doesn't show up!

So I've been trying to connect two different Western Digital Passport drives to my Airport Extreme, but none of them show up in the configuration utility. At first I figured it was probably due to the virtual drive that they put on there to help you lock the drives, but even if I disable that on both drives and disable the password protection they still don't show up.

They both use HFS.

Anybody successfully used WD Passport drives with the Airport Extreme?

Last edited by cstromme; Nov 13, 2012 at 04:53 AM.
cstromme is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:16 AM   #2
Jnardis
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstromme View Post
So I've been trying to connect two different Western Digital Passport drives to my Airport Extreme, but none of them show up in the configuration utility. At first I figured it was probably due to the virtual drive that they put on there to help you lock the drives, but even if I disable that on both drives and disable the password protection they still don't show up.

They both use HFS.

Anybody successfully used WD Passport drives with the Airport Extreme?
Is it being powered by the Extreme? If so, that's your problem. The Extreme can't handle powering external hard drives. Need to purchase a HD that's powered alone. Had the same issue and tried everything.
Jnardis is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Tags
airport extreme, passport, western digital