Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:53 AM   #1
MasterLibrarian
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Interesting finding in Apple's online store regarding the 2012 iMacs

I would like to share with you some findings on Apple's website:

As you might already know, the product codes for the 2012 iMacs are the following:

MD093LL/A?
MD094LL/A?
MD095LL/A?
MD096LL/A?


In addition, a typical valid link to Apple's store 'configure your mac' link would be something like :

http://store.apple.com/us/configure/MD101LL/A?

The above leads to the MacBookPro 'configure' page.

Typically, if a link is invalid, in case of wrong model no. etc., apple redirects you to this page:

Page Not Found
http://store.apple.com/us/configure/MD100LL/A?

(I have entered a non existent model no: MD100LL/A)

Now in case of the 4 new iMac models the links would be:

http://store.apple.com/us/configure/MD093LL/A?
http://store.apple.com/us/configure/MD094LL/A?
http://store.apple.com/us/configure/MD095LL/A?
http://store.apple.com/us/configure/MD096LL/A?

Those 4 links while obviously not leading to a 'configure' page yet, seem to have completely different behavior than a wrong link as mentioned above. Instead of getting to a "Page Not Found" as you should, you will be redirected into the "View Cart" page:

http://store.apple.com/us/cart

This of course means that the pages are reserved for future, lets hope not-so-future use!

That's all guys! If someone can do a little more digging to the store than I did
I think he would be more than welcome!

I can't wait for the above links to start working, especially the MD096LL one !
MasterLibrarian is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:58 AM   #2
Alfred.Woodden
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Norway
That's some nice detective work, but it doesn't really change or answer any questions.

We know the iMacs are coming soon anyways, so...
Alfred.Woodden is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:43 AM   #3
I8P'CS
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Some people really have to much time on their hands. Starting to wonder if most people need NEW iMacs just for their ego. As if it was for hard core work people wouldn't have time for this. I know people in high film production who say these new iMacs are nice but are continuing to work with what they have and will purchase when they are ready.

Seen soon on here willing to take a hit on their 2011 imac just to see thinner edges. That's just crazy. As speak wise there will be minimal difference in terms of CPU. Each to their own. Wonder how many if Hesse people change their cars yearly? Just for thinner low profile tyres etc lol
I8P'CS is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:13 AM   #4
MarketingGuy
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hillsborough, NJ
Great work MasterLibrarian! I think this does indicate that the new iMacs are in the system and they are just waiting to make it live. Hopefully, we get a launch very soon.

I8P'CS, I understand your comments and know that some people may be like that, but I think many of us really do need the new iMacs. My Mac Pro recently died and I've been getting along with my 15" rMBP. It's not ideal to work solely on the rMBP and I'm desperate to get my hands on a new desktop, but I'm not willing to pay for the 2011 iMacs nor, what is essentially, the 2010 Mac Pros.
__________________
2012 27" iMac, 2012 15" rMBP, 2011 Mac Mini, 2010 15" MBP, 2006 Mac Pro, iPad (3rd gen), iPad Mini, iPhone 5, iPod Touch (5th gen), & 6 Apple TVs (3rd gen)
http://www.mspiregroup.com
MarketingGuy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:18 AM   #5
Siderz
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by I8P'CS View Post
Some people really have to much time on their hands.
It doesn't take long to copy & paste a few letters and add it to the end of a URL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I8P'CS View Post
I know people in high film production who say these new iMacs are nice but are continuing to work with what they have and will purchase when they are ready.
If they're so high up in film production then they wouldn't be using iMacs, they'd be using top of the range Mac Pros. No big professional is going to use an iMac.
Siderz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:21 AM   #6
Occamsrazr
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
someone's still mad that they removed the ODD

lol
Occamsrazr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:26 AM   #7
MojoRisinSD
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by I8P'CS View Post
Some people really have to much time on their hands. Starting to wonder if most people need NEW iMacs just for their ego. As if it was for hard core work people wouldn't have time for this. I know people in high film production who say these new iMacs are nice but are continuing to work with what they have and will purchase when they are ready.
Have you ever considered that this whole technology thing is kind of a hobby to some of us? Some people follow tech news daily, work in technology fields, and enjoy being on the bleeding edge of technology... it is what we do.
I will be replacing a 6 year old iMac with a new 27", and if I had the means to do so, you better believe I would upgrade at least every 3 years. There may be some people out there that do get an ego boost by buying something like this, but I really don't think that is the majority of us on these forums.
MojoRisinSD is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:34 AM   #8
spcdust
macrumors 6502a
 
spcdust's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingGuy View Post
Great work MasterLibrarian! I think this does indicate that the new iMacs are in the system and they are just waiting to make it live. Hopefully, we get a launch very soon.
Obviously they're in the system, they've been announced at the keynote presentation. Upshot is this tells us nothing regarding release dates.
__________________
27" Quad Core i7 iMac (Sandy Bridge), 12GB RAM, 2 TB HD
spcdust is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:35 AM   #9
joe-h2o
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siderz View Post
It doesn't take long to copy & paste a few letters and add it to the end of a URL.



If they're so high up in film production then they wouldn't be using iMacs, they'd be using top of the range Mac Pros. No big professional is going to use an iMac.
Shows how much you know. I know several "big professionals" using iMacs in place of Mac Pros. No need for a major powerhouse workstation if you're offloading your renders to a farm. Might as well go with something that doesn't need a huge tower on or under your desk.

Of course, you'll probably counter and say "they're not big enough", such is the beauty of your vague argument.
joe-h2o is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:28 PM   #10
willmtaylor
macrumors 68000
 
willmtaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Natural State
While that's interesting to some (I suppose), it doesn't indicate anything that isn't already known.

Apple said: New iMacs are coming.
You said: New iMacs are coming.
__________________
"Each of us knows it all, and knows he knows it all--the rest, to a man, are fools and deluded." -Mark Twain

Last edited by willmtaylor; Nov 13, 2012 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Lens flare
willmtaylor is online now   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:36 PM   #11
jimbo1mcm
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Master Librarian: Great work also. Forget these tur.s who are throwing out downers. This is the fun part;waiting for a new product and guessing when it will come out. Keep up the good work.
jimbo1mcm is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:47 PM   #12
Phx08
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Nice work!
__________________
11' iMac | 27"|16 GB RAM | Ipad 2| Iphone 4 x 2
Phx08 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:55 PM   #13
ctdonath
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by I8P'CS View Post
Seen soon on here willing to take a hit on their 2011 imac just to see thinner edges. That's just crazy. As speak wise there will be minimal difference in terms of CPU. Each to their own. Wonder how many if Hesse people change their cars yearly? Just for thinner low profile tyres etc lol
What's crazy is wasting time belittling others for their purchase choices based on the most trivial difference which can be identified.

Yes, the processor will be faster. Maybe not much, but still faster.
USB3. Crazy fast throughput.
Hybrid drive. SSD performance + magnetic capacity - annoyance of figuring out what to put where and having to manually update locations & links.

Some people DO change their cars & computers yearly. Done right, they can keep near the leading edge at minimal cost.
Some people (moi) haven't changed either for a long time, and look forward to buying the newest maxed-out box possible - knowing they'll be using that box until duct tape & spit can't keep it together & running.
ctdonath is offline   7 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:04 PM   #14
ngenerator
macrumors 68000
 
ngenerator's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: USG Ishimura
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctdonath View Post
Hybrid drive. SSD performance + magnetic capacity - annoyance of figuring out what to put where and having to manually update locations & links.
The Fusion Drive is not like this at all
__________________
4 // Itchy. Tasty.
ngenerator is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:21 PM   #15
DeafRaiders
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Caotbridge (outside Glasgow, UK)
I guess the UK is different just tried it and page not found - replacing us with uk after apple.com/
DeafRaiders is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:21 PM   #16
Razorhog
macrumors 6502a
 
Razorhog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoRisinSD View Post
Have you ever considered that this whole technology thing is kind of a hobby to some of us? Some people follow tech news daily, work in technology fields, and enjoy being on the bleeding edge of technology... it is what we do.
I will be replacing a 6 year old iMac with a new 27", and if I had the means to do so, you better believe I would upgrade at least every 3 years. There may be some people out there that do get an ego boost by buying something like this, but I really don't think that is the majority of us on these forums.
Well said. Describes me perfectly.
Razorhog is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:24 PM   #17
WrrN
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctdonath View Post
Some people (moi) haven't changed either for a long time, and look forward to buying the newest maxed-out box possible - knowing they'll be using that box until duct tape & spit can't keep it together & running.
Here, here. I'm doing just that with my 2006 MBP ... watching my screen flicker, HD's getting self-ejected, and keyboard input missing key depressions. Bring on the iMac's Now!

My point being, yes there are many of us desperately in need of a new system and not simply wanting cutting edge for the sake of it. Anyone who promotes a lead to what Apple's up to, is helping the community. What's up with all the snippy attitude lately?
WrrN is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 03:14 PM   #18
ctdonath
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngenerator View Post
The Fusion Drive is not like this at all
The "-" was intended as a minus sign (in contrast to the "+" earlier in the sentence), not a hyphen. The Fusion Drive is exactly like this, in that it's speed of SSD plus space of magnetics minus irritation of file location maintenance.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrrN View Post
What's up with all the snippy attitude lately?
The "snippy" lately is puzzling because I can't fathom why anyone would hang around an optimistic fan board, filled with people eager for something new & nifty, just to waste time posting "pshaw, it sucks".

Put it this way: when the iMac 2012 appears, a whole lot of us will stop posting for a while because we'll be USING THE DURN THINGS. The naysayers are spending inordinate time bashing what they don't have instead of using what they do.
ctdonath is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:31 PM   #19
ngenerator
macrumors 68000
 
ngenerator's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: USG Ishimura
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctdonath View Post
The "-" was intended as a minus sign (in contrast to the "+" earlier in the sentence), not a hyphen. The Fusion Drive is exactly like this, in that it's speed of SSD plus space of magnetics minus irritation of file location maintenance.
Oh duh, haha, thank you for the clarification. My bad! I apparently read that waaaayy too quickly
__________________
4 // Itchy. Tasty.
ngenerator is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:08 PM   #20
smoking monkey
macrumors 6502a
 
smoking monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctdonath View Post
The "snippy" lately is puzzling because I can't fathom why anyone would hang around an optimistic fan board, filled with people eager for something new & nifty, just to waste time posting "pshaw, it sucks".

Put it this way: when the iMac 2012 appears, a whole lot of us will stop posting for a while because we'll be USING THE DURN THINGS. The naysayers are spending inordinate time bashing what they don't have instead of using what they do.
Yep. I've found a lot of the snippy attitude is coming from 2011 owners. It's funny. They don't say it at first, but then it comes out during a thread. It's jealousy and justification for some of them and they feel crappy because they aren't part of the excitement.

The petulant behavior of some people on these boards has been nothing short of pathetic. I wish we had to put our age with verification on our avatars because then we could figure out who is really a kid being a kid and who is an adult acting like a cry baby.

Sure, these new machine are still to be reviewed, but I gotta say I think this is a HUGE update to the imacs. The biggest update in about 6 years.
__________________
G3 450 B&W, K-Lime iBook G3/466SE, PB G4 867(Ti), G4 800 DP(QS), PB G4 1.5 17 (Al), iPT 1G, 08 24 iMac, MBP 09 17, iP3Gs, iPad1&2, iP4s, '12 27 iMac, iP5s, rMBP(H) 15", Air.
smoking monkey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:48 PM   #21
APPLE-FANATIC
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterLibrarian View Post
I would like to share with you some findings on Apple's website:

As you might already know, the product codes for the 2012 iMacs are the following:

MD093LL/A?
MD094LL/A?
MD095LL/A?
MD096LL/A?


In addition, a typical valid link to Apple's store 'configure your mac' link would be something like :

http://store.apple.com/us/configure/MD101LL/A?

The above leads to the MacBookPro 'configure' page.

Typically, if a link is invalid, in case of wrong model no. etc., apple redirects you to this page:

Page Not Found
http://store.apple.com/us/configure/MD100LL/A?

(I have entered a non existent model no: MD100LL/A)

Now in case of the 4 new iMac models the links would be:

http://store.apple.com/us/configure/MD093LL/A?
http://store.apple.com/us/configure/MD094LL/A?
http://store.apple.com/us/configure/MD095LL/A?
http://store.apple.com/us/configure/MD096LL/A?

Those 4 links while obviously not leading to a 'configure' page yet, seem to have completely different behavior than a wrong link as mentioned above. Instead of getting to a "Page Not Found" as you should, you will be redirected into the "View Cart" page:

http://store.apple.com/us/cart

This of course means that the pages are reserved for future, lets hope not-so-future use!

That's all guys! If someone can do a little more digging to the store than I did
I think he would be more than welcome!

I can't wait for the above links to start working, especially the MD096LL one !
WOW! Great work Now we just need them to appear on the website for purchase
__________________
2012 Late 21.5" iMac 3.1GHz 16Gb 1TB+Fusion; 2013 Late rMBP 16GB 512-SSD; iPad 4; iPad mini; iPhone 5S; Airport Extreme 2013; Airport Express 2012; Apple TV 3rd G; iPod Touch 5G
APPLE-FANATIC is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:03 PM   #22
washburn
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
I think this finding plus the change to "Coming soon" on the iMac page means they are just around the corner
washburn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:12 PM   #23
StephenAndrew
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Connecticut, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by washburn View Post
I think this finding plus the change to "Coming soon" on the iMac page means they are just around the corner
The 'coming soon' corner on the iMac page has been there since the keynote, but I do hope they're on their way soon...
__________________
27" iMac | 15" rMBP | iPad rMini | iPhone 5s | Couple o' iPods
CT Wedding Photographer | Facebook
StephenAndrew is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:27 PM   #24
washburn
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenAndrew View Post
The 'coming soon' corner on the iMac page has been there since the keynote, but I do hope they're on their way soon...
No it was "Coming in November"
washburn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:06 AM   #25
iMcLovin
macrumors 65816
 
iMcLovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by washburn View Post
No it was "Coming in November"
Nope the orange corner tag has always said 'coming soon'. It's because it includes both iMacs.
__________________
27" iMac i7 2012 | 13" MacBook Air - 2013 | iPhone 5s | iPad Air ...etc
iMcLovin is offline   1 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Apple Halts In-Store Pickup Option for iPhone 5s Orders in Online Store MacRumors iOS Blog Discussion 61 Oct 26, 2013 11:15 AM
If I buy online and specify instore pickup and pay online what does Apple Store do? kapalua12 iPhone 7 Oct 3, 2013 08:53 PM
Apple Store-5S now available for online order & in store pickup karmatourer iPhone 1 Sep 30, 2013 10:28 AM
It's official: Apple confirms that new 2012 iMacs DO NOT support VESA mounting... Relznuk iMac 17 Dec 21, 2012 05:42 AM
Interesting apple store being updated AshMan iPhone 0 Sep 12, 2012 09:48 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC