Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:42 AM   #1
iphone joe
macrumors regular

Angry When Does iPad With Cellular Be Available In Stores???

Not a hard question to answer but nobody knows. You call an apple store and you get the I don't know answer. What gives here?
iphone joe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:46 AM   #2
hbmex
macrumors newbie

An Apple employee told me this Friday, November 16
hbmex is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:51 AM   #3
caz12345
macrumors newbie

I was told by apple store it'll be late nov in UK now in a dilema as wanted to swap my wifi model on 16th for lte version. Has anyone heard of if any uk stores will get delivery on 16th?
caz12345 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:13 PM   #4
PNutts
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by iphone joe View Post
Not a hard question to answer but nobody knows. You call an apple store and you get the I don't know answer. What gives here?
They don't know?
PNutts is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:39 PM   #5
d0r1en0
macrumors member

I've called the apple stores as well, they all seem "not to know". Im really hoping its this friday, I dont see why people would get them delivered and you not be able to purchase them in the store. I need it for my wife, not even myself. They say a happy wife is a happy life.
d0r1en0 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:08 PM   #6
jcr918
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0r1en0 View Post
I've called the apple stores as well, they all seem "not to know". Im really hoping its this friday, I dont see why people would get them delivered and you not be able to purchase them in the store. I need it for my wife, not even myself. They say a happy wife is a happy life.
It appears Ipad shipments might of been delayed. I think retail and home delivers where supposed to get the shipments this Friday but it appears Monday will be the date now.

I am not 100% sure on this. I spoke to Apple about my order and this is what I was told. I had a delivery date of the 16th now it's been moved to the 19th.
jcr918 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:13 PM   #7
d0r1en0
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr918 View Post
It appears Ipad shipments might of been delayed. I think retail and home delivers where supposed to get the shipments this Friday but it appears Monday will be the date now.

I am not 100% sure on this. I spoke to Apple about my order and this is what I was told. I had a delivery date of the 16th now it's been moved to the 19th.
I really hope that's not the case. With being out of town and not getting back until after thanksgiving I feel the chances of them being out of stock will be high. I called 2 apple stores just now. Neither know anything about in store sale dates and neither have any iPads with data. Doesn't matter which gen.
d0r1en0 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:37 PM   #8
iMas70
macrumors 6502a

I was just going to post something about this. They really seem to keep Apple employees in the dark!
Here's my deal, I ordered a 32 gig LTE iPad 4 just after 3am when the Apple store started accepting orders. A few weeks later, AT&T said that they are offering $100.00 off if you sign up for a 2 year data contract. Signing up is no big deal because I'm going to have a data plan anyway so I don't mind saving $100.00. I started thinking, the easiest way to do this will be to take the new iPad to an Apple Store, return it then repurchase it so I can sign up for the plan there/get the discount. I want to make sure there won't be a problem doing that. I called two Apple Stores, both people that I talked to didn't know about the discount and they both said that they don't know when they will have cellular iPads in. A lot of us just enjoy this stuff as a hobby and we seem to know more. I have confirmed with AT&T that the discount will be available for iPads purchased through Apple.
I'd like to plan my time doing this because I'm going to be buying a Mac Mini at the same time. Guess I'll have to wait til next week to call again.
iMas70 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:29 PM   #9
iMas70
macrumors 6502a

I contacted AT&T again. They confirmed that the discount is available for new and referbished iPads that are purchased through them and AT&T (forgot to ask about other stores but I would presume so).
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:41 AM   #10
gabriel925fm
macrumors member

Anyone has had any luck with store availability?
gabriel925fm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:56 AM   #11
arom
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabriel925fm View Post
Anyone has had any luck with store availability?
Not until Friday 11/16...
arom is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad