Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:44 AM   #26
srockett
macrumors newbie

Did anyone that already got a shipping confirmation have a personalized mini?

I ordered minutes after the presale, but mine is still "preparing for shipping"

Maybe because it will be engraved?!?
srockett is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:51 PM   #27
Phima256
macrumors newbie

Yep, I ordered within a few hours and mine is personalized too. Still preparing for shipment. I'm assuming that's the hold up.
Wonder if anyone who has a personalized one got their shipment moved up to next day?
Phima256 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:51 PM   #28
Pipper99
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by srockett View Post

Is your's an AT&T model? On another thread, I'm reading that the people who are getting shipped notices have purchased the Verizon model (so far). Mine is AT&T, and it still is in Preparing for Shipment with a delivery date of 11/21.
Pipper99 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:54 PM   #29
Phima256
macrumors newbie

Mine is AT&T. Even the non-personalized AT&T are still preparing? That stinks for us but glad it seems "normal." Can't wait!
Phima256 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:00 PM   #30
srockett
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipper99 View Post
Is your's an AT&T model? On another thread, I'm reading that the people who are getting shipped notices have purchased the Verizon model (so far). Mine is AT&T, and it still is in Preparing for Shipment with a delivery date of 11/21.
I ordered the personalized Verizon 32 model, and it is still preparing for shipping.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:50 PM   #31
raremage
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekLawyer View Post
I didn't call and aggravate Apple for a quicker delivery date, but I just got my "One of your items has shipped" email from Apple.

My delivery date has bounced around. I ordered a couple of minutes into the pre-sale, a white 16 on Verizon. The website has told me to expect delivery on Nov 23, mid-November, and now November 16.

My tracking number from FedEx says it will actually deliver on 11/15. "Mid-November" indeed.

Edit to add: Now FedEx tracking site reports delivery on 11/16. Seems like a lot of people are seeing the same change.
Same thing happened to me. When I got it this morning I thought "Wow, nice, a day earlier than I could have expected!"

Then it changed. Oh, well, still better than the 21st, so no complaints here.

----------

Quote:
I ordered the personalized Verizon 32 model, and it is still preparing for shipping.
Mine now has three entries:
Shipping information sent to FedEx
Picked Up
Left origination facility
raremage is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 03:13 PM   #32
bevo
macrumors regular

Mine is in transit from china. FedEx still keeps a delivery date of 11/19. I'm on the east coast.

Is this the same for anyone else on the east coast? I ordered soon as well on the pre-order, iPad 4 with verizon LTE, 32 gb white.

1. Macbook 2.2 C2D 2.5 ram superdrive.
2. Mac Mini C2D 1.66 / 2 gig ram / combo / samsung 19" / ext lite-on 1637S dvd writer
bevo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 03:36 PM   #33
gibbz
macrumors 68030

Send a message via AIM to gibbz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phima256 View Post
Mine is AT&T. Even the non-personalized AT&T are still preparing? That stinks for us but glad it seems "normal." Can't wait!
16GB standard AT&T here, still preparing.
gibbz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:39 PM   #34
nsayer
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westside guy View Post
Verizon and AT&T include a per-device monthly fee if you want to use more than one device on a given data plan.

T-Mobile charges a monthly fee for tethering. This is cheaper than the per-device options if you have several devices, but it's still an extra fee for purchasing the same amount of data.
Tethering is a hassle, at least compared to the alternative of just having your data plan available on all your devices. For the reasons I've already stated, in my judgement it is worth $10 per device to not have to do it.

Of course, opinions are just like cornholes. Everybody has one and they usually stink.
nsayer is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:46 PM   #35
aristobrat
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekLawyer View Post
My tracking number from FedEx says it will actually deliver on 11/15. "Mid-November" indeed.

Edit to add: Now FedEx tracking site reports delivery on 11/16. Seems like a lot of people are seeing the same change.
Same here.

It's not unusual for FedEx to beat the delivery date on the tracking page (for Apple stuff) where I live, so I'm curious to see if it shows up on Thursday.

I didn't bug Apple to move my shipping date up, so I was expecting delivery next Wednesday. This Friday is an awesome surprise!
aristobrat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:47 PM   #36
Viper2005
macrumors regular

Dang, I ordered on the 26th an engraved cellular mini and it still says " Available: Late November " booo
Viper2005 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:48 PM   #37
imola.zhp
macrumors member

Can someone explain to me why "cellular capable" MBP's don't exist?

SMH
imola.zhp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:14 PM   #38
Splash92553
macrumors newbie

Personalized ipad Mini FedEx del 11/16. Verizon models 1 silver 32 and 1 slate. Pre ordered confirmed 10-26-12 @ 0004. Guess ill be one of first people that personalized them to receive mine!!!
Splash92553 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:08 PM   #39
Westside guy
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsayer View Post
Tethering is a hassle, at least compared to the alternative of just having your data plan available on all your devices. For the reasons I've already stated, in my judgement it is worth $10 per device to not have to do it.
My situation's a bit different - my iPhone's on a pay-as-you-go plan. When I was with AT&T prepaid, using multiple devices wasn't even an option. With T-Mobile, I can add tethering if I want to pay extra; but I still can't share the plan.

On the plus side... I'm only paying $30/month for unlimited text and data + 100 minutes talk. You're probably paying slightly more than that.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:21 PM   #40
Haswell
macrumors member

Quote:
My situation's a bit different - my iPhone's on a pay-as-you-go plan. When I was with AT&T prepaid, using multiple devices wasn't even an option. With T-Mobile, I can add tethering if I want to pay extra; but I still can't share the plan.

On the plus side... I'm only paying $30/month for unlimited text and data + 100 minutes talk. You're probably paying slightly more than that.

Who's your carrier? $30/month for unlimited text and data + 100 minutes talk is not a bad deal.
Haswell is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:34 PM   #41
Westside guy
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haswell View Post
Who's your carrier? $30/month for unlimited text and data + 100 minutes talk is not a bad deal.
T-Mobile. It's a deal only available from their website.

A big downside right now is - while they are currently reallocating network spectrum to better support the iPhone, until that's done you only get EDGE speeds a lot of places. I'm in western Washington state, and they're progressing pretty well here; but at the moment I'm still only getting EDGE connections in probably 50% of locations.

Once the reallocation is done, though, even the LTE iPhone 5 will be supported.

Oh, and obviously 100 minutes a month isn't a lot. For some people that's only enough for maybe a day or two. For me, though, it's about 3x what I need in a month... I hardly ever make voice calls anymore.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:46 PM   #42
Haswell
macrumors member

Quote:

A big downside right now is - while they are currently reallocating network spectrum to better support the iPhone, until that's done you only get EDGE speeds a lot of places. I'm in western Washington state, and they're progressing pretty well here; but at the moment I'm still only getting EDGE connections in probably 50% of locations.

Oh, and obviously 100 minutes a month isn't a lot. For some people that's only enough for maybe a day or two. For me, though, it's about 3x what I need in a month... I hardly ever make voice calls anymore.
You don't need minutes anyways. Since you have unlimited data, you can just use VoIP.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:53 PM   #43
Westside guy
macrumors 601

Quote:
You don't need minutes anyways. Since you have unlimited data, you can just use VoIP.
In this case, "unlimited" is up to 5 gigs/month at high speed (4G if your phone can handle it and is compatible with the network), then they drop you to EDGE speeds.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:30 PM   #44
Haswell
macrumors member

Quote:
In this case, "unlimited" is up to 5 gigs/month at high speed (4G if your phone can handle it and is compatible with the network), then they drop you to EDGE speeds.
I wonder when t-mobile will get the iPhone 5? I am sure it will happen at some point.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:45 PM   #45
oddnendz
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to oddnendz
Just changed to Preparing for shipment. No charge to CC yet. The date is still "by November 21" (ordered at 1203 am PDT 10/26/12) ... Which is ok ... Because I will still be in the area to drop by and pick up at work...and set it up on the way to mom and dad's ( not driving, btw).
oddnendz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:24 AM   #46
Haswell
macrumors member

Quote:

I just found out that you can buy an GSM unlocked iPhone 5 from Verizon and pop in a t-mobile nano sim card.

Now I can get an iPhone 5 from Verizon and a t-mobile nano sim card. Then I can just VoIP via wifi instead of my 100 mins. I am super temped to do this.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 01:11 AM   #47
srockett
macrumors newbie

Quote:

I got a shipping confirmation email tonight. My personalized Verizon 32 black/slate ipad mini will arrive on Friday before 10:30. Woo hooo! FedEx says it is still in China, but is scheduled to arrive (I'm on the East Coast) by Friday.

Yay!!
Old Nov 14, 2012, 01:27 AM   #48
Westside guy
macrumors 601

Quote:
I just found out that you can buy an GSM unlocked iPhone 5 from Verizon and pop in a t-mobile nano sim card.
One thing to note, though - with the Verizon model you can't use data and voice at the same time.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 02:15 AM   #49
heretoread
macrumors newbie

You lucky few, my order still sais "late November" (Germany).
heretoread is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:40 AM   #50
gibbz
macrumors 68030

Send a message via AIM to gibbz
My two 16GB iPad mini LTE (AT&T) shipped. Currently showing an estimated delivery date of 11/20.
gibbz is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion