Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:15 AM   #1
RMXO
macrumors 6502a

How some of us got an AT&T Galaxy Note for $199.99 or less.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1976429

There's a thread about a lot of folks from XDA being able to get the AT&T Galaxy Note 2 for less than the listed $299.99. I got mine for $153 after discount & credit on next bill.

It took patience, I had to make over 6 calls to an AT&T CS Rep. I was kind & thoughtful when speaking to all of them. I kept getting turned down or them saying there is no such deal but I kept on trying until I got lucky with the 6th call.

David is his name & was kind enough to give me the deal of $270 ($29.99 discount) & a credit of $117 on my next bill with free next day air shipping from UPS.

There are other people that were able to get even lower price than I did but basically they had to do the same. Be nice when calling & keep on calling until you get the right CS Rep that will give you the pricing you want.

GL if you decide to go this route & it's so much worth. As a previous owner of the GSII, III & Original Note. This is so much better.

Best part if that you can go into the Development Forums of XDA to start rooting & modding your phone already. Multi-View is pretty sweet.

Last edited by RMXO; Nov 13, 2012 at 11:28 AM.
RMXO is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 04:49 PM   #2
ChrisTX
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMXO View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1976429

There's a thread about a lot of folks from XDA being able to get the AT&T Galaxy Note 2 for less than the listed $299.99. I got mine for $153 after discount & credit on next bill.

It took patience, I had to make over 6 calls to an AT&T CS Rep. I was kind & thoughtful when speaking to all of them. I kept getting turned down or them saying there is no such deal but I kept on trying until I got lucky with the 6th call.

David is his name & was kind enough to give me the deal of $270 ($29.99 discount) & a credit of $117 on my next bill with free next day air shipping from UPS.

There are other people that were able to get even lower price than I did but basically they had to do the same. Be nice when calling & keep on calling until you get the right CS Rep that will give you the pricing you want.

GL if you decide to go this route & it's so much worth. As a previous owner of the GSII, III & Original Note. This is so much better.

Best part if that you can go into the Development Forums of XDA to start rooting & modding your phone already. Multi-View is pretty sweet.
I have a Galaxy SIII with no upgrade do you think I would have any luck trying this?
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:04 PM   #3
F123D
macrumors 68040

Location: Rootmetrics.com Verizon 96.7 | AT&T 96.6 | T-Mobile 96.4
If you just upgraded earlier this year, you could try but the odds are against you. I've seen AT&T allow early upgrades a couple months early and even up to a year early but they've been customers for over 10 years.

All it takes is just one nice rep though..
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:15 PM   #4
kiltedthrower
macrumors regular

After purchasing through Best Buy and having their insurance and buy back, I'm sold on going through BB. No deductible replacements and I can trade in my Note 1 to get credit towards a note 2
kiltedthrower is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:27 PM   #5
F123D
macrumors 68040

Location: Rootmetrics.com Verizon 96.7 | AT&T 96.6 | T-Mobile 96.4
I've read on the XDA forums that even if you purchased your Note II through AT&T, you can still go to Best Buy to get it insured.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:00 PM   #6
hyteckit

Got my Note 2 for $199 from AT&T.

Only tried calling once.

I guess if I tried 6 times, I might be able to get it for $100 or $50. Haha..

I don't qualify for an upgrade till May 2013. They won't let me upgrade to an iPhone 5 right now. Said they'll let me upgrade to Android phones.
hyteckit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:28 PM   #7
kiltedthrower
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by F123D View Post
I've read on the XDA forums that even if you purchased your Note II through AT&T, you can still go to Best Buy to get it insured.
Now if this is true, I'll be all over this.
kiltedthrower is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices