Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:29 AM   #1
Christian 5G
macrumors 6502

Send a message via Skype™ to Christian 5G
First impressions of iPad mini

Hello everyone!!

For the past I tried to decide wheat her get the mini or not... So I decided to get it. I got it.

After seeing so many threads about it how bad the screen is or or how slow it is, I wanted to change my mind.

Th screen is perfect!!! Don't know what's wrong with your people's eyes... Sound is so good (speakers).

Is has 512 ram? Well it doesn't feel like it and it does not even compare to iPad 2. It is much,much better. The mini is not a downgrade so you won't be disappointed in it.

For all of you haters out here!! Good luck in your life!!
Christian 5G is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:31 AM   #2
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

Awesome for you man!
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:40 AM   #3
clyde2801
macrumors 601

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...Q9QEwAQ&dur=14

Cool starry, brah
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:00 PM   #4
eggersj
macrumors regular

That was a breathtaking story sir.

Thank you for your opinion. I just don't happen to agree with it.

Enjoy your Mini!!!
eggersj is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:42 PM   #5
bossxii
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian 5G View Post
Hello everyone!!

For the past I tried to decide wheat her get the mini or not... So I decided to get it. I got it.

After seeing so many threads about it how bad the screen is or or how slow it is, I wanted to change my mind.

Th screen is perfect!!! Don't know what's wrong with your people's eyes... Sound is so good (speakers).

Is has 512 ram? Well it doesn't feel like it and it does not even compare to iPad 2. It is much,much better. The mini is not a downgrade so you won't be disappointed in it.

For all of you haters out here!! Good luck in your life!!
Congrats on your iPad Mini, I'm happy you like it. The so called haters may simply have a different view on what they want from an iPad. I own the iPad 3 and the wife wanted a Mini so I have spent hours ont he Mini and frankly love it for reading books and the web. The small size and weight is perfect for extended hours of reading and holding it like a book.

However... if I want to play a game or other graphic apps I use my full size iPad because the screen is that much nicer, the processer (even on the 3) is faster and noticeable on some games. If I had my choice they would create the iPad 5 with the next step in internals from the 4 but have the light weight and thin design of the Mini. I can't wait until battery technology catches up with the rest of the design.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:01 PM   #6
AppleRobert
macrumors 68020

My second day with it and I cannot believe how hooked I am and I have android tablets with better screens and specs.

obviously the size and weight matter towards the attraction to it. But as we are seeing more now that is the path devices are adopting to. Witness the nexus 7, nook hd, and kindle fire hd.
AppleRobert is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:13 PM   #7
Christian 5G
macrumors 6502

Send a message via Skype™ to Christian 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleRobert View Post
My second day with it and I cannot believe how hooked I am and I have android tablets with better screens and specs.

obviously the size and weight matter towards the attraction to it. But as we are seeing more now that is the path devices are adopting to. Witness the nexus 7, nook hd, and kindle fire hd.

Same.
Christian 5G is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:20 PM   #8
AppleRobert
macrumors 68020

I saw a few recommendations about the Mercury browser so I downloaded and I can adjust font size. Wow, now I am really not going to have a life using this Mini all the time.
AppleRobert is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:23 PM   #9
Ladybug
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by applerobert View Post
i saw a few recommendations about the mercury browser so i downloaded and i can adjust font size. Wow, now i am really not going to have a life using this mini all the time.
+1000
Ladybug is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:25 AM   #10
AppleRobert
macrumors 68020

I'm just going with Safari in landscape mode for web pages. Not sorry I spent time and experimented with other browsers but I don't think I will be happy with using any in portrait mode.

As far as first impressions, I tried the iPod touch 5 and ended up for $299 not being worth it to me. I would not be happy in the long run with browsing and watching videos on this small a screen regardless of the clarity.

Next I tried the iPad 3 since Best Buy had it for $399 open box. Boy this was it so I thought BUT the weight and size I wasn't thrilled with considering I am use to 7" android tablets.

Then I was lucky to get a Mini. Yes, there are trade offs but for $329 I'm golden.
AppleRobert is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:53 AM   #11
Tokes Green
macrumors regular

Glad you are enjoying it! I sold my 3 and purchased a mini and I don't regret it one bit! We have since acquired a 4 but that's just sitting around gathering dust.

Enjoy your purchase, I am
Tokes Green is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:16 PM   #12
corvus32
macrumors 6502a

If you like it, that's all that matters.

Don't listen to the über technobrats around here.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:27 PM   #13
Arelunde
macrumors Demi-God

Check this thread for changing text size in Safari ... works like a charm on the iPad.....

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1486869

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad