Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:09 PM   #1
jigsb007
macrumors 6502

Question This is the new bug for sure..in I5

Hello all,
Couple weeks back i put a thread, explaining the problwm with the headphone jack.

The problem is like this...

If i am listening a music with headphone ( Non - apple ) and if i get a call, i can only talk using that headphone..if i pull the 3.5mm jack i5 doesnt switch audio and mic back to phone...and if i press (+) or (-) button, it shows volum up and down but under that i could see (headphone )

So, couple of you adviced me to visit apple store and explain to genius. some of you said, its a IOS 6 problem and IOS 6.0.1 should solve the issue...

Anyways, so i got a new I5 from apple store ( They exchanged it without any problem )

But, this new I5 has the same issue , and this new phone is on 6.0.1

Do you guys have noticed such problem ??
jigsb007 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:15 PM   #2
tymaster50
macrumors 68030

don't really see the problem, you were talking on a non-apple headphone and pulled the plug in the middle of talking. The phone then didn't register that, just pull the headphones out before you answer the call.
tymaster50 is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:42 PM   #3
AppleFan91
macrumors 6502

The only problem I had lately was that when I took a picture and tried to send it, my photos all crashed
AppleFan91 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:44 PM   #4
farmermac
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigsb007 View Post
Hello all,
Couple weeks back i put a thread, explaining the problwm with the headphone jack.

The problem is like this...

If i am listening a music with headphone ( Non - apple ) and if i get a call, i can only talk using that headphone..if i pull the 3.5mm jack i5 doesnt switch audio and mic back to phone...and if i press (+) or (-) button, it shows volum up and down but under that i could see (headphone )

So, couple of you adviced me to visit apple store and explain to genius. some of you said, its a IOS 6 problem and IOS 6.0.1 should solve the issue...

Anyways, so i got a new I5 from apple store ( They exchanged it without any problem )

But, this new I5 has the same issue , and this new phone is on 6.0.1

Do you guys have noticed such problem ??
Interesting problem. Id be curious to know whether the headphones work if you plug them back in right away. Submit a bug report to apple. What headphones are you using?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 03:14 PM   #5
Daveoc64
macrumors 601

This is most definitely a problem with either the phone (looking unlikely if it happens with a replacement) or iOS.

When there's nothing in the headphone socket, the phone should pick up on that - third party headset or not.
Windows 8.1 | iCloud, Dropbox, Spotify Premium
Daveoc64 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 03:45 PM   #6
jigsb007
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmermac View Post
Interesting problem. Id be curious to know whether the headphones work if you plug them back in right away. Submit a bug report to apple. What headphones are you using?
That is right, if i plug it back i can continue my call..
where can i submit a bug report ??
jigsb007 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 03:58 PM   #7
jigsb007
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymaster50 View Post
don't really see the problem, you were talking on a non-apple headphone and pulled the plug in the middle of talking. The phone then didn't register that, just pull the headphones out before you answer the call.
well, let me give you 2 scenarios...

1 ) if I am listing music/video, and accept a call with headphone, Itís fine I can talk and finish my call. But if I remove headphone in between, it doesnít switch to phone. But if I put it back I can continue talk.

2) if I am listing music/video and if I receive a call, if i pull the headphone out b4 i accept call, still audio /mic goes to HP. So, if I put it back, I can talk/listen call.

Not only that, if I hang-up my phone ..the next 5-7 minutes if I try to call, it goes to headphone...

so, sometime I have to restart...Pain in But after spending $399 + 2 years contact...for this piece of shi##.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:14 PM   #8
tymaster50
macrumors 68030

Quote:
well, let me give you 2 scenarios...

1 ) if I am listing music/video, and accept a call with headphone, Itís fine I can talk and finish my call. But if I remove headphone in between, it doesnít switch to phone. But if I put it back I can continue talk.

2) if I am listing music/video and if I receive a call, if i pull the headphone out b4 i accept call, still audio /mic goes to HP. So, if I put it back, I can talk/listen call.

Not only that, if I hang-up my phone ..the next 5-7 minutes if I try to call, it goes to headphone...

so, sometime I have to restart...Pain in But after spending $399 + 2 years contact...for this piece of shi##.
Did you ever think maybe it could be your headphones? Never happened on apple headphones for me. And if it's such a piece of crap then why do you still have it?
tymaster50 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:17 PM   #9
jigsb007
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Did you ever think maybe it could be your headphones? Never happened on apple headphones for me. And if it's such a piece of crap then why do you still have it?
Do you want to buy it from me ??
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:22 PM   #10
tymaster50
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Do you want to buy it from me ??
No I already have one, sell it on eBay and get another phone then.
tymaster50 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:27 PM   #11
jigsb007
macrumors 6502

Quote:
No I already have one, sell it on eBay and get another phone then.
Thats the problem, i dont want to sell it for $300 - $400..

Lets not continue arguing each other...
Please dont reply , if you dont know what you are talking about...
just read the thread what others are saying..
jigsb007 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:30 PM   #12
shakeman0
macrumors 6502a

I'd say the headphones aren't the issue as long as they're are "Made for iPhone". I would give it a shot with another set of headphones and see if that fixes it. iOS should be recognizing when headphones are removed regardless of the brand though.
shakeman0 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:32 PM   #13
jigsb007
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakeman0 View Post
I'd say the headphones aren't the issue as long as they're are "Made for iPhone". I would give it a shot with another set of headphones and see if that fixes it. iOS should be recognizing when headphones are removed regardless of the brand though.
Good, thats what i thought, that Headphone is a headphone...aslong as its 3.5mm. i havent tried with apple's headphone. i am using HTC headphones at work..will give a try with Apple's..
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:34 PM   #14
Daveoc64
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakeman0 View Post
iOS should be recognizing when headphones are removed regardless of the brand though.
Exactly.

The iPhone uses an industry standard port and Apple does not suggest that it is incompatible with any specific accessory.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:44 PM   #15
chrscap
macrumors regular

Ive tried a non-iphone headphone, if you pull it out during a talk, press the home key twice in between the pull, hold both volume buttons and swipe up, it will pause, glitch and restart. Damn this bug.
chrscap is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:57 PM   #16
mojohanna
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveoc64 View Post
Exactly.

The iPhone uses an industry standard port and Apple does not suggest that it is incompatible with any specific accessory.
This is not exactly true. all 3.5mm headphones are not equal. Does your headphone support the voice and volume inputs (ie the controls on the headphones?) Does your headphone jack have the three distinct bands on the jack or just two.
If it is just two, that means they are trying to support the other functions with the two signals vs. the three bands that apple uses in their headphones. The third band allows for all of the voice controls etc. I have notice that if I use this type of headphone on a device that does not use the third band, I don't get the right sound output.
If your headphones do have the third band, I would check them against an Apple pair to see if they are lined up. For that matter, the other simple thing to check would be to try to replicate this issue with the apple headphones that came with your phone. If they don't work, its a hardware/software issue. If they do work, chances are its your replacement headphones.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:16 AM   #17
Daveoc64
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojohanna View Post
This is not exactly true. all 3.5mm headphones are not equal. Does your headphone support the voice and volume inputs (ie the controls on the headphones?) Does your headphone jack have the three distinct bands on the jack or just two
These are still industry standards.

The fact remains that no matter what you put into the socket, removing it should cause the iPhone to stop using it.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:27 PM   #18
mojohanna
macrumors 6502a

Quote:

The fact remains that no matter what you put into the socket, removing it should cause the iPhone to stop using it.
Not if you are using a product that is non-apple or something that is not up to standards you are mentioning. There is a lot of crap out there and it could easily be the headphones.

Again, the simple way to test is to use the apple included phones and if it does the same thing, then the OP has a real issue. If not, I would suggest that it is the issue of the headphones and NOT the hardware or software associated with the phone itself.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:42 PM   #19
scaredpoet
macrumors 603

Quote:
Just because a standard exists doesn't mean EVERY vendor follows it religiously.

It could be Apple, OR it could be cheap headphones that don't conform to the standard. The fact that everyone seems to have a hard time replicating the OPs problem so far would point to defective headphones.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:26 PM   #20
BFizzzle
Banned

Quote:
Good, thats what i thought, that Headphone is a headphone...aslong as its 3.5mm. i havent tried with apple's headphone. i am using HTC headphones at work..will give a try with Apple's..
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1489941

looks like similar issues?
BFizzzle is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone