Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Old Nov 13, 2012, 03:36 PM   #1
hayden536
macrumors newbie

Help with combining photos.

Hey whats up.

I apologize if this is in the wrong place, but I need some help. I've download some icons off of vector-finder.com and i need to move them onto a background I got off a website. Its a background for a website, and i just need to put the icon on the background. I have no idea how to do this or have applications I have to get. I've attached a picture of the icons and the background. Anyone know how to get it onto there? Thanks a lot.

hayden536 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:24 AM   #2
SrWebDeveloper
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden536 View Post
I've attached a picture of the icons and the background. Anyone know how to get it onto there? Thanks a lot.
The site you got that from is intended for front end designers or graphic artists familiar with vector based image editing an working with layers.

1) What format did you save the image on your Mac?
2) Through work or school do you have access to Adobe Photoshop?

Simple tutorial on layers found here: http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pho.../bllps505a.htm

General advice (one of a many methods, i.e. this works for me) for now is save icon as a JPG or PNG format and use any graphics editor you can get which allows loading of both the existing background image and your icon into separate workspaces. Then select/copy icon from its workspace and add a new layer via copy from the other workspace.

Note: Adobe Photoshop is not cheap nor free (after trial), but it is professional yet easy to use for stuff like this. Get the trial if this is a one time thing. If not interesting in that, look into any of the alternatives common to Mac users such as found in this list:

http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/11-free...obe-photoshop/

Cheers.
SrWebDeveloper is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 02:22 PM   #3
hayden536
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrWebDeveloper View Post
The site you got that from is intended for front end designers or graphic artists familiar with vector based image editing an working with layers.

1) What format did you save the image on your Mac?
2) Through work or school do you have access to Adobe Photoshop?

Simple tutorial on layers found here: http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pho.../bllps505a.htm

General advice (one of a many methods, i.e. this works for me) for now is save icon as a JPG or PNG format and use any graphics editor you can get which allows loading of both the existing background image and your icon into separate workspaces. Then select/copy icon from its workspace and add a new layer via copy from the other workspace.

Note: Adobe Photoshop is not cheap nor free (after trial), but it is professional yet easy to use for stuff like this. Get the trial if this is a one time thing. If not interesting in that, look into any of the alternatives common to Mac users such as found in this list:

http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/11-free...obe-photoshop/

Cheers.
Thanks a ton. I have no access to photoshop. I was thinking about being a pirate if ya know what i mean. I was a pirate and on my last voyage i got Final Cut Pro in the treasure chest.

Anyway, that will really help me if i can get photoshop.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:51 PM   #4
Laird Knox
macrumors 65816

*nudge* *nudge* *wink* *wink* Know what I mean?

Yeah I think we got it. You should post your mailing address and maybe somebody will send you that treasure. Don't forget your credit card info to cover the shipping charges. *wink* *wink*
Laird Knox is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:40 PM   #5
hayden536
macrumors newbie

Oh sure! I'll give you my paypal and my address. Should be here by tomorrow, right?

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development