Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ammarr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2011
Small text on the mini does look pretty bad. Is there a browser that can increase text size/zoom on every page?

I have tried mercury browser which requires manually increasing font size. But it gets tiring to do it on every web page... Any other options?

ammarr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2011
I do have the nexus 7 where the text looks much sharper by comparison. Still I would like to try all options on the mini before giving up on it. Most apps do have an option to boost font size but browsing is quite frustrating...

d123

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2009
Earth
Small text on the mini does look pretty bad. Is there a browser that can increase text size/zoom on every page?

I have tried mercury browser which requires manually increasing font size. But it gets tiring to do it on every web page... Any other options?

There is a universal zoom increase function in Perfect Browser, it's in the settings menu.

Edit to add, you can also use Atomic, you have the option of having font + and font - soft keys added to the bottom of the screen.

Last edited:

Tokes Green

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2011
Here, there, and everywhere.
Yes the text is small, but I don't find it TOO small - especially in landscape. Neither myself or my partner have any problem reading for prolonged periods of time. I guess this varies from person to person so I'm not saying you are wrong, but for me anyway it doesn't strain my eyes reading anymore than our iPad 4.

One thing I did find useful for increasing font size when browsing in portrait, although I tend to hold it in landscape mostly:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1482193/

Spoony

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2011
push the reader button. I feel like that reader button was built for the ipad mini. i never used it on the ipad but it rocks on the mini.

Quantus

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2012
There is a universal zoom increase function in Perfect Browser, it's in the settings menu.

Edit to add, you can also use Atomic, you have the option of having font + and font - soft keys added to the bottom of the screen.

There is both a zoom and font override. Changing the default zoom requires scrolling left/right on every page. I think what the OP wants is to change font size. This can result in formatting issues on pages but is fine generally if set to around 125%.

ammarr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2011

Thanks. Perfect browser works well enough.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
push the reader button. I feel like that reader button was built for the ipad mini. i never used it on the ipad but it rocks on the mini.

Guess I don't come across the reader button often so far on the safari browser. I look towards another browser as well and tried the Mercury but it acts fugly too much to suit me as I continue to use it more.

Maybe Perfect Browser I will try next. I'd like a portrait view to work well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.