Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

w00t951

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I know I'll probably get a lot of flak for this, but who's waiting for the iPad Mini with Retina display? I took a look at the Mini in the Apple Store, and I could only think of three things:
  1. omfg pixels
  2. omfg 2 year old components
  3. omfg Retina & A6 next year
So who else is waiting for Apple's iPad Mini refresh next year? If we were talking about the Asus Nexus 7 or something, I would just buy it - but this is a significant, $350+ investment.

Last edited:

hyteckit

Jul 29, 2007
No. I'll just buy the retina version when it comes out.

In the mean time, I'm enjoying my iPad Mini. My favorite tablet so far.

Life is too short.

DeusInvictus7

macrumors 68020
Aug 13, 2008
Kitchener, Ontario
I probably will. I picked up the mini a couple days ago and I just loved the weight of it. The screen was the only thing that caught me as unacceptable since I'm already used to "retina" displays on all my other devices.

I'll probably sell my iPad 3 for the next mini whenever that is.

mantan

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2009
DFW
I'll probably buy a Mini Retina when it comes out next year.

But I wasn't getting played for a sucker (buy it for full retail, sell it and give Apple another $329 next spring) by getting the first generation one. I bought a Nexus 7 instead. I've been pleasantly surprised with it. Works great, has most of the apps I used, I was able to sync my iTunes music to it.

I was stalking this place waiting for the Mini to come out, but was disappointed by the specs and price.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
I'm not waiting a year for it. I'll use the current model until it comes out next year.

pure3d2

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2012
I really liked the iPad Mini, but I returned it because I've gotten really used to the high res screen of my iPhone 4, iPhone 5, and iPad 3.

OdT22

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2012
I'm waiting, in the meanwhile I'm enjoying this mini. :D

Yup. Along with a real debt ceiling and an honest politician. I have tracking numbers too, but none of them seem to work right now... The web must be down, or SOL maybe.

EMAN19

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
New York, NY

Life is too short.

Here here! Life is too short!

I'll upgrade when it becomes available, until them I will enjoy my iPad mini.

Yr Blues

macrumors 68030
Jan 14, 2008
I'd prefer the retina, but I'm still thinking 'bout getting one before 2013 just to play with

iDutchman

macrumors 6502a
May 9, 2010
Amsterdam, NL
Good Luck.

I'm not waiting a 8-12 months for a device only because I want that better screen but I love everything else of the current model (form factor, design).

Just buy the current Mini and sell it when the new comes out? :cool: You'll probably lose 100+ dollars, yes. So? worth the wait?

.. People these days:rolleyes:.

I will keep my first gen Mini when I buy the new one. I'd like to keep a first gen product the iPad and iPhone. "The one that started the madness" :apple:

jm5309

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2010
I didn't even wait for the LTE model like I'd planned! I'm enjoying the mini just as it is. Any improvements will be icing on the cake.

Buckeyestar

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2011
Will TRY to wait for next year's Mini with retina and a new powerful processor. I'm not as rich as you guys are.

I'm not rich either, but I will be enjoying my iPad mini while I await the inevitable retina version. The cost of the new device will be mostly subsidized by the sale of the current device.

tyche

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2010
a Mini with retina + LTE? Yeah, I will probably cave in and buy that over the iPad 4/5.

BenTrovato

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2012
Canada

Life is too short.

Well said! I find when I adopt the life is too short attitude and just go for what I want, there really aren't many problems, only enjoyment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.