Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:25 PM   #1
Omne666
macrumors 6502a

ITunes and Mac OS X Server

I tried running my library of a mac mini running server. The ATV could see the shared library but not connect. Is there something I need to open that isn't present on normal OS X?

I shifted the library to an iMac and instantly could access it. Any one got an idea what I missed on the server software? We can access the normal file shares with the other macs.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:35 PM   #2
squeakr
macrumors 68000

I know that when I set up my library on my server, I was seeing strange issues. What I had to do was go into the parent root folder that I had stored my iTunes folder within and then I had to adjust the permissions to allow read and write and then select to have the permissions propagate to all children folders. After the permissions were changed and set, then I could connect and share my files. The default settings were enabled prior and I had similar issues with my iDevices (i hope this helps some as of yet I haven't acquired an Apple TV, but am looking into it for air sharing purposes).

Hope this helps and good luck.
squeakr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:01 PM   #3
Anonymous Freak
macrumors 68040

OS X Server cranks the firewall up by default, make sure you have a hole poked in it for iTunes (or turn it off if it's a purely-internal-network server.)

20" Aluminum iMac 7,1 (mid-2007, Santa Rosa,) upgraded to 2.6 GHz Penryn, 6 GB RAM, 1 TB HD, 4 TB total external hard drive
Anonymous Freak is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater