Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac mini

Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:12 PM   #1
jimi23
macrumors newbie

Safe to buy mini through reseller with hdmi issues?

I found a reseller (JB-HIFI) offering 10% of mac's for one weekend only. I ordered online the new 2.3 i7 mini. Only then did I come online and read problems with HDMI. I'll be using it as a desktop computer/ media centre for 55" tv so I am worried about hdmi problems.

Now i've been asked to confirm my order and credit card details within the next few days, or cancel my order.

If I buy through a reseller, will I have to go through them for any issues with HDMI performance? Because its such an intermittent issue, im thinking that apple will be much more aware and understanding of the issue.

In short: I could easily cancel my order and buy from apple, but loose the 10% discount, or keep with the reseller at cheaper price but risk a tricky return/replacement procedure if the hdmi issues are unbearable.

Advice? Will apple accept returns from the reseller?
jimi23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:02 PM   #2
kdoug
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimi23 View Post
I found a reseller (JB-HIFI) offering 10% of mac's for one weekend only. I ordered online the new 2.3 i7 mini. Only then did I come online and read problems with HDMI. I'll be using it as a desktop computer/ media centre for 55" tv so I am worried about hdmi problems.

Now i've been asked to confirm my order and credit card details within the next few days, or cancel my order.

If I buy through a reseller, will I have to go through them for any issues with HDMI performance? Because its such an intermittent issue, im thinking that apple will be much more aware and understanding of the issue.

In short: I could easily cancel my order and buy from apple, but loose the 10% discount, or keep with the reseller at cheaper price but risk a tricky return/replacement procedure if the hdmi issues are unbearable.

Order a MiniDisplay Port to HDMI cable and you won't have a problem. I have twin machines and not one single instance with these cables. Go to amazon and search for Boxwave brand.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 02:05 AM   #3
calvol
macrumors 6502a

They probably don't have as liberal a return policy as Apple, and may have a restocking fee. If you want a "hassle-free" two-week trial with the HDMI issue, suggest you go with Apple.
calvol is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:16 AM   #4
philipma1957
macrumors 603

they list as au so i guess you are from the land down under.

http://www.jbhifi.com.au/

http://www.jbhifi.com.au/corporate/c...nties-refunds/

http://www.jbhifi.com.au/documents/c...6_10-10-25.pdf

I am in USA . I do not know your law ,

but I read that policy and I am thinking they may say the black screen for 1 sec 2 or 3 times a day is not enough for a return.
philipma1957 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:51 AM   #5
thekev
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimi23 View Post

The return policy of the reseller would apply. You can get warranty service directly through Apple, but if you're worried, inquire with the reseller.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac mini