Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimi23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
I found a reseller (JB-HIFI) offering 10% of mac's for one weekend only. I ordered online the new 2.3 i7 mini. Only then did I come online and read problems with HDMI. I'll be using it as a desktop computer/ media centre for 55" tv so I am worried about hdmi problems.

Now i've been asked to confirm my order and credit card details within the next few days, or cancel my order.

If I buy through a reseller, will I have to go through them for any issues with HDMI performance? Because its such an intermittent issue, im thinking that apple will be much more aware and understanding of the issue.

In short: I could easily cancel my order and buy from apple, but loose the 10% discount, or keep with the reseller at cheaper price but risk a tricky return/replacement procedure if the hdmi issues are unbearable.

Advice? Will apple accept returns from the reseller? :)

kdoug

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2010
Iowa City, IA USA
I found a reseller (JB-HIFI) offering 10% of mac's for one weekend only. I ordered online the new 2.3 i7 mini. Only then did I come online and read problems with HDMI. I'll be using it as a desktop computer/ media centre for 55" tv so I am worried about hdmi problems.

Now i've been asked to confirm my order and credit card details within the next few days, or cancel my order.

If I buy through a reseller, will I have to go through them for any issues with HDMI performance? Because its such an intermittent issue, im thinking that apple will be much more aware and understanding of the issue.

In short: I could easily cancel my order and buy from apple, but loose the 10% discount, or keep with the reseller at cheaper price but risk a tricky return/replacement procedure if the hdmi issues are unbearable.

Order a MiniDisplay Port to HDMI cable and you won't have a problem. I have twin machines and not one single instance with these cables. Go to amazon and search for Boxwave brand.

calvol

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2011
They probably don't have as liberal a return policy as Apple, and may have a restocking fee. If you want a "hassle-free" two-week trial with the HDMI issue, suggest you go with Apple.

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010

The return policy of the reseller would apply. You can get warranty service directly through Apple, but if you're worried, inquire with the reseller.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.