Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aixporter

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 21, 2009
Ok, so I've come across a bit of a dilemma. I purchased a set of iWork '09 from the Apple Store almost 2 years ago and I've since lost the CD itself. Luckily, I saved the CD KEY somewhere in a text file on my USB key.

So now, I'm contemplating on either downloading a copy of the .dmg somewhere on BT (i'm not too fond of this) or re-purchasing the entire iWork set on the Mac App Store (that would cost me another 60 bucks)........

I do use the Pages and Numbers a lot for work, so maybe I won't have to purchase Keynote.

Any how, what do you guys think? Should I buy the apps again from the App Store? I'm worried that if I buy now and Apple releases an iWork '13, I would have to buy it all over again.

otherjobs

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2011
The best solution would be "don't buy it until you need it". Probably you won't need it at all.

pommie82

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2011
uk
if you are using something a lot then its worth the money if you aren't using something a lot then its a waste of money only you can decided if its going to be a worth while investment or a waste of money

Me personally now because i have wasted money in the past i never waste money no more because its getting harder to come by so i only buy things that i can honestly say that i am going to use that i will get my money worth out of that product.

There no a lot point of buying something if you aren't going to use it

It doesn't really matter if they bring out another iWork because of the features that they bring out half the people wouldn't use them

If you own a business then it would be maybe worth the investment because of the features if you just want to do spread sheets and word documents i'am sure you would be fine just using the iWork that you already thinking about downloading off the mac app store

aixporter

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 21, 2009
Thanks for the responses.

Considering I use Pages and Numbers on a regular basis, I went ahead and forked over the $40.. boy the app stores makes money.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.