Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Desairem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2012
Switzerland
Witgui is a Wii and GameCube game manager for Mac OS X. It is a graphical user interface based on wit, wwt and the gametdb.com database. You will love its intuitiveness.

http://desairem.altervista.org/witgui

Bildschirmfoto-2012-12-08-um-16.02.21.png

Witgui implements the most used features of wit and wwt. These are:
  • listing of Wii and GameCube games on your Mac or on an external drive (FAT is natively supported, if you wish NTFS support you may want to install NTFS-3G first) and on WBFS partitions
  • converting between .wbfs, .iso, .wdf, .ciso and .wia file formats, adding, removing and extracting games to/from WBFS partitions.

Witgui also supports:
  • downloading localized cover images from gametdb.com
  • parsing localized game details from the gametdb.com database
  • searching your games or even the whole offline database
  • renaming games with a custom format
  • exporting a game list to plain text or html.

Last edited:

DaveNinja

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2005
cool. i'll have to check this out. i've been using WBFS for Os X (or some name like that) for a long time. its pretty basic

slapnuts

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2010
NTFS support!

This S/W is just what I needed when USBLoader_gx started supporting FAT & NTFS drives. I was using WBFS manager, which is simple & effective, but supports nothing but WBFS (obviously :rolleyes:).

The developer has made this an excellent piece of software - I use it all the time now (for my NTFS drive) and have had no issues with transferring backups to and from the Mac & Wii.
(NB: Tuxera NTFS).

It also has/will contain support for the .WIA format, shrinking backups by up to 30% more than WBFS.

This is the soft to use! :)

Desairem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2012
Switzerland
Witgui 2.0.1 is out now

Witgui has been recently updated to version 2.0.1, which supports reading and writing WBFS partitions (Mountain Lion only) and also the file formats iso, wbfs, ciso, wdf and wia for Wii and GameCube games. There are a lot of new features to discover!

Get your own Witgui 2.0.1 now

cardude656

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2013
I realize this is an old thread but I was hoping I could find help using Witgui.

I have the app running and have a .wbfs file that I want to convert to an iso file. Upon opening the .wbfs file I see the gamepad logo for convert and it says drag between windows to convert but I have no idea what windows it means as I only see two; I see the quick start window and the window that shows the (one) .wbfs file. What am I missing? Do I need to partition my HDD in some way to use this feature?

Desairem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2012
Switzerland
I realize this is an old thread but I was hoping I could find help using Witgui.

I have the app running and have a .wbfs file that I want to convert to an iso file. Upon opening the .wbfs file I see the gamepad logo for convert and it says drag between windows to convert but I have no idea what windows it means as I only see two; I see the quick start window and the window that shows the (one) .wbfs file. What am I missing? Do I need to partition my HDD in some way to use this feature?

You can find help on the Witgui website: http://desairem.altervista.org/witgui
To convert a game, you have to open first a source file/folder (like you did) and a destination folder, such that you have two windows where you can drag your games between them.

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005

Yeah, I don't get this either ???

I'm dragging the iso into the window, and it doesn't do anything..

Desairem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2012
Switzerland
Yeah, I don't get this either ???

I'm dragging the iso into the window, and it doesn't do anything..

Like I explained before, you have to open 2 windows: one containing the game you want to convert, and another one representing the folder where you want the game to be converted to. You can then drag the game to the second window and a popup window will appear asking you for the details (you can also drag the game to a Finder window and the same thing will happen).

Tommax91

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2014
Question

You can find help on the Witgui website: http://desairem.altervista.org/witgui
To convert a game, you have to open first a source file/folder (like you did) and a destination folder, such that you have two windows where you can drag your games between them.

Hi sorry for the inconvenience, but I have a pressing question...could you or anybody else explain me when do I need to use the split 4GB option and when the 1GB or the "Don't"? I mean, I think I'm supposed to do it when the game is bigger than 4GB but I'm not sure I get it...is that it? Obviously I'm talking about converting an ISO file into a WBFS. I partitioned my USB into 2 with a MS-DOS (FAT) format, is that right? Thank you for your time.

Desairem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2012
Switzerland
Hi sorry for the inconvenience, but I have a pressing question...could you or anybody else explain me when do I need to use the split 4GB option and when the 1GB or the "Don't"? I mean, I think I'm supposed to do it when the game is bigger than 4GB but I'm not sure I get it...is that it? Obviously I'm talking about converting an ISO file into a WBFS. I partitioned my USB into 2 with a MS-DOS (FAT) format, is that right? Thank you for your time.

Hi Tommax, there is no obligation on splitting a game. The only reason why you'd want to do a split is because you use a FAT partition (like you do), which can't store files bigger than 4GB. Hence you should definitely use this option.

Tommax91

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2014
Hi Tommax, there is no obligation on splitting a game. The only reason why you'd want to do a split is because you use a FAT partition (like you do), which can't store files bigger than 4GB. Hence you should definitely use this option.

Thanks! Another thing, I tried loading the game fromt he USB but it didn't work, so I decided to first burn it on a DVD and then installing it on the USB directly from the USB Charger Channel on the Wii, just to see how the file got copied. I noticed the one the Wii installed got copied into a folder (USB/Games/The Legend Of Zelda/The Legend Of Zelda Skyward Sword.wbfs) is that the reason why my Wii didn't recognize my game at the first try? Because I directly put the game in the USB the first time (USB/The Legend Of Zelda Skyward Sword.wbfs). Thank you again

Desairem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2012
Switzerland
Thanks! Another thing, I tried loading the game fromt he USB but it didn't work, so I decided to first burn it on a DVD and then installing it on the USB directly from the USB Charger Channel on the Wii, just to see how the file got copied. I noticed the one the Wii installed got copied into a folder (USB/Games/The Legend Of Zelda/The Legend Of Zelda Skyward Sword.wbfs) is that the reason why my Wii didn't recognize my game at the first try? Because I directly put the game in the USB the first time (USB/The Legend Of Zelda Skyward Sword.wbfs). Thank you again

Usually you have to put your games inside a folder "wbfs" on the USB drive.

mac_sim_izer

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2015
Wow this is an old post? Here goes anyway. Okay, so, on witgui (simple question really) which format should a GC iso be converted into? I am going to start with iso and hope it works. Many thanks...

Muskalicious

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2016
Wow this is an old post? Here goes anyway. Okay, so, on witgui (simple question really) which format should a GC iso be converted into? I am going to start with iso and hope it works. Many thanks...

Simplest, easiest way to explain how to use;

1. Format/partition your hd to two parts (ex; a small fat32 part and a big MacOS extended part)
-fat cant hold files bigger than 4gb
-its useful to have a fat partition for other communication and transfer purposes, since the wii uses fat and WFSB

2. Open up witgui, go to file and choose 'format as WFSB' (chose your big part of HD) - follow prompts and get it done ;)

3. Open WFSB partition from the quick start menu - new window pops up.

4. Anything (wfsb,iso,wdf,ciso,wia) you drag into this newly opened window will be transfered to the WFSB part of your HD, converted and ready to pop into your wii and play.

Simple :)

If anything goes wrong;
(Mac) try -file -update wit and wwt
(Wii) in usb loaders settings find the update option and do that
[doublepost=1457537152][/doublepost]Can also suggest installing nintendont on wii (gc emulator) and keeping your gc games seperate on the fat partition of your hd

different consoles (emulators) and games grouped together by generation...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.