Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:46 PM   #26
maflynn

That's capitalism for you, supply and demand. Clearly the seller thinks people are willing to spend the inflated price. I have no problem with the action, but that doesn't mean I'd be willing to spend the $$ on it.
maflynn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:18 PM   #27
greenchiliman
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by urkel View Post
I wish Amazon would default to "Amazon Only" sales and allow 3rd party as an option. I know how to filter everything but my wife and parents constantly tell me about these "great deals" they see and always turn out to be 3rd party.
Absolutely happens to me as well. A family member will order something that is non-prime, then it will cost postage plus restocking fee to get 70% of the price.
greenchiliman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:22 PM   #28
shenan1982
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupa Chupa View Post
I don't understand why so many people do not understand that products sold directly by Amazon state "Ships and sold by Amazon," and that everything else, whether Amazon ships it or not is sold by 3rd party and priced by that 3rd party, not Amazon.
The same reason politicians spend billions every election to advertise on the radio, TV and print media. (Many) People will chose believe anything they see, regardless of what's logical and realistic.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by maflynn View Post
That's capitalism for you, supply and demand. Clearly the seller thinks people are willing to spend the inflated price. I have no problem with the action, but that doesn't mean I'd be willing to spend the $$ on it.
I've bought new products for higher than retail before... nothing wrong with a business trying to capitalize on demand. Tho Americans say "corporate greed" yet if they had 10 of the iPads and 100 customers lined up wanting them, do you think they wouldn't try to get as much as they could too? Hypocrites.
shenan1982 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad