Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

photogpab

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
25k limit is making it impossible for me to enjoy iTunes Match. I just crossed the 45k mark and its a chore managing my library so that I stay under the 25k limit.

Amazon Cloud just upped their limit to 250k! I wonder when iTunes Match will follow. I love the service. Hate the limitations.

bobsax

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2008
any news on this front?
Has Apple considered increasing the limit?

I think folks would be willing to pay extra for it.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
2nd of never. Match, is a very good concept, but never worked all that well for me. Always slow and downloading clean versions of my explicit songs.

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
25k limit is making it impossible for me to enjoy iTunes Match. I just crossed the 45k mark and its a chore managing my library so that I stay under the 25k limit.

Amazon Cloud just upped their limit to 250k! I wonder when iTunes Match will follow. I love the service. Hate the limitations.

wow I have 20k and don't even know what I have on my library? Do you just go on kat.ph and download the top albums every month for the UK and US? :eek:

Snake65

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2010
Count me in

I wrote them and stated Amazon for the same price is 250,000 songs. I would pay more. I refuse to split my library....does anyone use Amazon? Also is it just me or have they really been dropping the ball with being out front. I have Spotify and love the service. Now they want to jump in. They need to up Match....pronto!

Jacquesass

macrumors regular
May 6, 2003
I wrote them and stated Amazon for the same price is 250,000 songs. I would pay more. I refuse to split my library....does anyone use Amazon? Also is it just me or have they really been dropping the ball with being out front. I have Spotify and love the service. Now they want to jump in. They need to up Match....pronto!

I agree and also just wrote them. I use Amazon for a ~30k song library and it is ... usable. Uploads are very slow, so it takes forever to get your library in. The upload software is also built in Adobe AIR and it's a dog. Once your library is in, there is no syncing with changes you make on your computer - fix a song title and Amazon will reupload the song, giving you two copies. It's very difficult to manage your music in the cloud, such as deleting playlists that it tried (and often failed) to upload.

All that said, once your music is finally on Amazon's server, playback works well. I recently corrected tags on my entire library via MusicBrainz Picard; I'm now trying to decide if I want to delete every song from Amazon and start the upload process over. I really wish I could just pay Apple $50/year and use Match...

ChrisMc73

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2010
Oklahoma City, OK
I would pay $50 a year for 50k songs, I have 39k right now and I too have a separate iTunes library where I've only imported 5k songs and use iTunes Match on it, but now this has become an issue with today's iTunes Radio.

I'm in my big 39k iTunes library and iTunes radio doesn't think I have or pay for iTunes match so the radio is not commercial free. Annoying!!

So I have to listen to iTunes Radio in my iTunes Match enabled Library for it to know I'm a paid for Match user?

I too would get the full use out of it if we could do more than 25k songs, bla!

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
I would pay $50 a year for 50k songs,
Do provide feedback to Apple, however you might want to suggest either a higher limit or a lower price or both and let Apple figure out if they can charge that or want to charge more. Maybe suggest that they increase the limit to 50K songs on the base subscription and offer a 100K song option for $40. This way they know people are willing to pay more, but not exactly how much more.

Do remember to cite what the competing services offer for the number of songs. This lets Apple know that you would prefer to stay with iTunes match, but are looking at competing services.

ChrisMc73

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2010
Oklahoma City, OK
Do provide feedback to Apple, however you might want to suggest either a higher limit or a lower price or both and let Apple figure out if they can charge that or want to charge more. Maybe suggest that they increase the limit to 50K songs on the base subscription and offer a 100K song option for $40. This way they know people are willing to pay more, but not exactly how much more.

Do remember to cite what the competing services offer for the number of songs. This lets Apple know that you would prefer to stay with iTunes match, but are looking at competing services.

Ok, but I don't really know what other competing services offer, or what the competing services are? I guess Google Play's lets you upload, but not sure how many? Are there others? And where on Apples site do I use to contact them about this?

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Ok, but I don't really know what other competing services offer, or what the competing services are? I guess Google Play's lets you upload, but not sure how many? Are there others? And where on Apples site do I use to contact them about this?
Use the link I provided in my previous reply to send feedback to Apple. And besides Google Play, There's Amazon's Cloud Player.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.