Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrismarle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2011
Canada
Let's share our order's shipping evolution here.

For me:

Pre ordered my iPad 4 64Gb black WiFi + LTE on October 26th at 3AM. Still at "Processing order" so it hasn't shipped yet and everything I have for availability is "November".

What are yours?

Last edited:

Opus00

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2012
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
1. Pre-ordered Oct 26 - iPad mini 16GB White Wifi + LTE, Late November

2. Pre-ordered Oct 30 - iPad mini 32GB White Wifi + LTE, Late November. Nano-sim for pre-order #2 shipped Nov 12 and received Nov 13, although it had an original delivery date of early Nov but received an email from Apple advising it was changed to Nov 26 - Dec 3 so that it will be shipped around the same time as the Mini.

I just read another thread that someone in the UK was told they will be in store Nov 26. So I am now hoping my pre-orders will arrive week of Nov 26. :p

Maritime Mac

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2012
Pre ordered 64g Black iPad 4 LTE on October 26th at 10 am Atlantic time and a 16 g Black iPad mini Wifi, engraved on the 27th. The Mini is in Ontario and scheduled to deliver Friday, the Status on the iPad 4 LTE is still at processing. When I spoke to CS agent yesterday I was told they still don't know when they will be shipping to Canada but they should start processing around the end of this week with potential for delivery late next week. Once the shipping process starts I was told it should take 7 days.
For what it's worth I was able to get shipping expedited and received a confirmation that my order was changed.
Delivery date for iPad 4 showing late November.

Last edited:

CNeufeld

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2009
Edmonton, AB
Same story as the rest of you... Ordered the morning that orders opened up, has said "Late November" since then. Sucks the US people get theirs first! :)

Clint

temna

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2008
Am I the only one with "November" instead of "Late November"?

Apparently, my first 64GB Slate LTE showed Late November even though I got my email back stamped two minutes into the preorder.

ramb27

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2007
toronto.on.ca
Apparently, my first 64GB Slate LTE showed Late November even though I got my email back stamped two minutes into the preorder.

Same here and still "Available to ship: Late November ":eek:

Ordered Oct 26 at 3:01am ET, received confirmation email two minutes later.

Processing Items
Qty: 1
iPad mini with Wi-Fi + Cellular 32GB - White & Silver
Available: Late November
Recycling Fee

kaybeenz

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2012
I just returned my wifi-only iPad because I decided that I would like the LTE version instead. Called 2 Apple stores to try and get a rep to give me a hint of when it could be available at the store, but no luck. They both gave me the same vague "late November" reply.

I was really hoping to be able to walk into a store this weekend or sometime next week and come out with one, but considering how the "late November" estimate hasn't budged at all for Canadians (and nobody seems to have gotten any shipping notifications), I'm wondering if I would get it around the same time as every other Canadian order if I placed an online order now. I hate being iPad-less! :p

chrismarle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2011
Canada
I just returned my wifi-only iPad because I decided that I would like the LTE version instead. Called 2 Apple stores to try and get a rep to give me a hint of when it could be available at the store, but no luck. They both gave me the same vague "late November" reply.

I was really hoping to be able to walk into a store this weekend or sometime next week and come out with one, but considering how the "late November" estimate hasn't budged at all for Canadians (and nobody seems to have gotten any shipping notifications), I'm wondering if I would get it around the same time as every other Canadian order if I placed an online order now. I hate being iPad-less! :p

Yeah, if only we could have a date or something but unfortunately, it's not the case.

temna

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2008
I just looked at the US Apple store and they list two weeks backorder for the ipad mini LTE. Guess they get it way before anyone else, because the Canadian, UK and Aussie stores all still list Late November. I love being an American in Canada and getting screwed by the border. :(

chrismarle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2011
Canada
Guys.

cdw.ca shows ipad with lte will be available in 3-6 business days. If it's true, many canadians will have news next week.

An example from their website, apple ipad with retina display wi-fi + cellular - 32 gb - 4th generation - white

warehouse location available quantity incoming
vancouver, bc 0 42
guelph, on 0 21
calgary, ab 0 42
richmond, bc 0 10
toronto, on 0 65
total 0 180

availability: 3-6 business days

Ohlias

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2011
Canada
I'm in Montreal. Placed my order Oct 29 (iPad4 LTE - 64GB Black) and it still says "Late Nov". I will call the Apple store downtown and hope...

I am travelling to Vancouver next week (Tue) and will try again on Monday. Was hopeful to have one in hand prior to travelling. :(

I sold my iPad 2 3G over a month ago in prep for this and I'm going thru withdrawal! ;)

CNeufeld

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2009
Edmonton, AB
Called the Apple store people last night, and got nothing more useful than the information on the website. I will confess to being a little "terse" with the customer service rep (which I apologized for, and commented to him that I knew it wasn't his fault, but I was just frustrated with the lack of information). Anyway... He tacked a Smart Cover on my order for free, and that actually left China last night, about 4 hours after my call.

Clint

Ohlias

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2011
Canada
Nothing at the Apple store in downtown Montreal. New news as to Canadian release either.

Let me know if anyone else has any luck. This is a bummer for me. :(

1080pr

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
The apple store at the eaton centre just re-opened today after it closed for renovations all last week. I wonder If they're carrying any lte models? My order is still processing as well and I may cancel and just pick up a wifi model and tether it with my iphone. I have a 6gb plan on my phone per month.. Do you guys think that's sufficient for tethering?

leanne..

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2011
I have 6 gigs of data for my iPhone and planned on just tethering..... Until I actually did it for a week... It is a huge battery drainer for the iphone...

I may have to pop down to Bellingham Washington today and buy a AT&T version since there is no release date in sight for Canada :(

dvboy

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
Nothing at the Coquitlam Apple store either,and they were clueless as to when they will appear.For "updated" information the girl went on the Apple public web site to inform me late November,very helpful:rolleyes:

CNeufeld

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2009
Edmonton, AB
Oh, and my Telus Nano SIM shipped today as well, apparently... Great, I'll have everything but the iPad! Hopefully that means it will be here soon too.

Clint

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007
I did the tethering and it's not too bad, as long as you don't do it for too long, or have ac power source. However, I want to get the LTE model and plan to use the mini for in-car GPS navigation.

1080pr

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
I ended up picking the wifi version of the Ipad 4 today, i have until the 30th o November to return it, I will if I want the LTE version but im gonna give the tethering a shot first

Maritime Mac

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2012
Preordered a 64g iPad 4 LTE within hours of it coming online and just had the availability change to 3 to 5 days with anticipated delivery Nov 28th to December 3rd.

ramb27

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2007
toronto.on.ca
Preordered a 64g iPad 4 LTE within hours of it coming online and just had the availability change to 3 to 5 days with anticipated delivery Nov 28th to December 3rd.

Wow, that's some progress!:) Good for you!

No such luck with my mini 32GB White. Still "Available: Late November" :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.