Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:36 PM   #1
krogers34
macrumors member

iPad Pricing

So why does apple continue to stick to the same pricing plan for iPad's that has been in place since 2010? The argument might have been able to be made back then that the extra GB's actually did cost around that much more, but now with how fast data storage prices have fallen it seems like if they want to keep this up in the future they should start adding features or something to justify that higher price. In the end, it doesn't really matter if people are still willing to pay $200 more to get 48GB more, but apple must be clearing so much more profit on those than the 16GB. I could be completely off here. All assumptions. Just something that has been on my mind.
krogers34 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 01:25 PM   #2
Aspasia
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by krogers34 View Post
So why does apple continue to stick to the same pricing plan for iPad's that has been in place since 2010? The argument might have been able to be made back then that the extra GB's actually did cost around that much more, but now with how fast data storage prices have fallen it seems like if they want to keep this up in the future they should start adding features or something to justify that higher price. In the end, it doesn't really matter if people are still willing to pay $200 more to get 48GB more, but apple must be clearing so much more profit on those than the 16GB. I could be completely off here. All assumptions. Just something that has been on my mind.
And you know that old saying about "assume."
Aspasia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 03:53 PM   #3
krogers34
macrumors member

thank you for your wonderfully insightful and fact filled response that informed me about anything I brought up.
krogers34 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 03:59 PM   #4
atthecross
macrumors 6502

it's because we keep buying them, they will charge as much as the market will withstand to maximize profit. you can always come down in price but rarely can you go up without a big fuss
atthecross is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:14 PM   #5
Jeans89
macrumors regular

Quote:
You are so right. I guess this will stay as it is as long as people are not complaining it fiercly. I have been buying only the 16GB phones and iPads due to this for 2 years. I can get along with that.
Jeans89 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:41 PM   #6
Aspasia
macrumors 65816

Quote:
thank you for your wonderfully insightful and fact filled response that informed me about anything I brought up.
You admitted your comments were all assumptions. Your assumptions deal with Apple's pricing. If youre looking for factual information about why Apple sets certain prices, you're not going to find it here. This is MacRumors, not Apple.
Aspasia is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad