Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

9to5Mac is reporting that Apple Retail Stores are taking delivery of new fourth-generation iPad models with LTE cellular (though not the iPad mini), but they have not begun sales of them yet.

NewImage16.png
Apple has begun stocking its U.S.-based retail stores with LTE versions of the fourth-generation iPad. The product is not on sale yet, but they could go on sale at anytime. Stores have been instructed to wait until word from corporate comes through to begin sales.
Cellular-capable iPad mini and 4th-gen iPad orders are expected to be delivered to US customers beginning on Thursday and Friday of this week, and it's likely that retail store sales of cellular-capable fourth-generation iPads and iPad mini's will begin on Friday. Recently, Apple has generally launched iOS products on Fridays.

Article Link: 4th Gen iPads With LTE Now Arriving at Apple Retail Stores

Last edited:

Born Again

macrumors 601
May 12, 2011
Norcal
Hmm how about offering GPS on the wifi only models apple!

It's all about the $ isn't it ? [points finger at apple]

illegible

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2012
Are Apples pre-orders always this screwy? I've had the 16th, then the 23rd, then the 16th again, now it's the 21st. I even get an email (6 days ago) that said it would be shipping in 5 days, and still nothing.

FlatlinerG

macrumors 6502a
Dec 21, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Relax, folks. He was only asking about iTunes 11, you don't need to jump down his throat.

One great thing with iTunes 11 is the play next option. Allowing you to queue up songs without needing to make playlists.

sza

macrumors 6502a
Dec 21, 2010
I really don't care.

----------

Hmm how about offering GPS on the wifi only models apple!

It's all about the $ isn't it ? [points finger at apple]

Apple would rather pay 22M to be licensed to use the fancy clock app design on ipad than add GPS to make it more cost effective. So do they really care about the consumers?

Hammer God

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2007
This is great

Now they can not have stock on this device just like they don't have stock on iPad minis.

yakapo

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2008
Well the wifey's ipad 3 4g is having some issues. I'm not excited about swapping it out for a refurb. Too bad they don't have some sort of trade up option. I assume they don't have any more brand new ipad 3's w/ cellular.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
[MOD NOTE]
Stay on topic, this news thread is not about iTunes or iMacs, its about the LTE equipped iPad.

Born Again

macrumors 601
May 12, 2011
Norcal
I really don't care.

----------

Apple would rather pay 22M to be licensed to use the fancy clock app design on ipad than add GPS to make it more cost effective. So do they really care about the consumers?

It's silly of them. Every time I update my iPad I ask $130 for GPS

Nope

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
Well the wifey's ipad 3 4g is having some issues. I'm not excited about swapping it out for a refurb. Too bad they don't have some sort of trade up option. I assume they don't have any more brand new ipad 3's w/ cellular.

The refurb will be indistinguishable from new--no scratches, dents, etc. Also, Apple most certainly has a trade up option, its just you have to pay for an entirely new iPad 4. :)

Alisstar

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
Orlando, FL
I live in Clermont Florida, a small town right outside or Orlando. But I was in Orlando all day and NO LTE. Even after turning off cellular and turning it back on it still went to 4G

I'm not sure which parts of Orlando you've been to. But I have AT&T and I've seen LTE just about every part I've been to. From the I-Drive area, to Waterford Lakes, to MCO, to W. Colonial Dr and Metro West. Some areas are faster than others, but the speeds are pretty respectable.

mofoliar

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2010
Nevada
I ordered mine this morning... I am getting mine Dec. 3rd... if apple gets them this week.. I am gonna head down and just pick one up...

I do hope it shows up earlier

75Mi. away

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.