Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 14, 2012, 03:00 PM   #1
Yousefarman
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Chicago Illinois
Alternate Upgrade to keep Unlimited Data?

Hello Everyone,

sorry if this has been answered already, but i have looked in the forums and can't find the answer. I have 3 lines on my account

$59.99 450 min talk and text with UNLIMITED DATA (upgrade eligible)
4gb Shared Data Plan 2 lines

I want to do an alternate upgrade on ULD line, to one of my other 2 lines, and then switch it back to the Unlimited Data line. Is this possible? so essentially, its an alternate upgrade, that goes back to the original line.
Yousefarman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 03:02 PM   #2
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem
 
Applejuiced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: At the iPhone hacks section.
Yes, many have been doing that so they dont lose their verizon unlimited data plan.
It works.
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 03:04 PM   #3
Yousefarman
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Chicago Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejuiced View Post
Yes, many have been doing that so they dont lose their verizon unlimited data plan.
It works.
Do i have to activate it on the "Alternate" Line first, before i activate it on my ULD line?
Yousefarman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 03:18 PM   #4
From A Buick 8
macrumors 68030
 
From A Buick 8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ky Close to CinCinnati
Lots of good info and real life examples here.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1439872
__________________
Homemade Interocitor, iPad 4iPhone 5 32GB Black & Slate, iPod Touch 4th and 5th Gen, iPad 1st gen, iPhone 4, Two Apple TV's, -- 21.5-inch: 3.2GHz Intel Core i3 iMac.
From A Buick 8 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 03:26 PM   #5
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem
 
Applejuiced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: At the iPhone hacks section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yousefarman View Post
Do i have to activate it on the "Alternate" Line first, before i activate it on my ULD line?
Yes, I believe so.
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:12 PM   #6
Big-T
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yousefarman View Post
Hello Everyone,

sorry if this has been answered already, but i have looked in the forums and can't find the answer. I have 3 lines on my account

$59.99 450 min talk and text with UNLIMITED DATA (upgrade eligible)
4gb Shared Data Plan 2 lines

I want to do an alternate upgrade on ULD line, to one of my other 2 lines, and then switch it back to the Unlimited Data line. Is this possible? so essentially, its an alternate upgrade, that goes back to the original line.
Are you asking if you can use the upgrade on your unlimited data line on one of your other lines, and then simply switch the phone to your unlimited line? If that is the case, then the answer is no. When you use the upgrade which is available on your unlimited data plan line, that is the plan that gets re-signed, and that plan would lose the unlimited data.

If one of your other lines becomes elegible for upgrade you could simply upgrade the phone as usual. Then you would re-activate the old phone, and then activate the new phone on your unlimited line. However, the upgrade available on the unlimited line must go unused in order to keep your unlimited data plan.
Big-T is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:48 PM   #7
maliu
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
The upgrade MUST be on a line that has a dumb phone.
maliu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:19 PM   #8
CanesDrew
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Memphis, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yousefarman View Post
Do i have to activate it on the "Alternate" Line first, before i activate it on my ULD line?
Yes. I've got Verizon and just looked into this. The upgrade must be used on the upgraded line for 24 hours. Then it must NOT be active on any line for 24 hours. Then you may reactivate it on another line.

This is per Verizon CSRs yesterday.
__________________
Late 2006 White Macbook, 2 GHz, 2.5GB RAM; 64GB Slate Black iPhone 5 on Verizon
CanesDrew is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:17 AM   #9
Yousefarman
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Chicago Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanesDrew View Post
Yes. I've got Verizon and just looked into this. The upgrade must be used on the upgraded line for 24 hours. Then it must NOT be active on any line for 24 hours. Then you may reactivate it on another line.

This is per Verizon CSRs yesterday.
Thanks everyone for the help! the only reason why i posted, is because i have been told conflicting stories from different CSRs :/ This makes sense though. ill stick with it and let you guys know how it goes.

Thanks!
Yousefarman is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Carrier: Verizon Unlimited Data Upgrade Available on Website erure iPhone 142 Oct 7, 2013 04:57 PM
How to Upgrade to iPhone 5, Keep Verizon Unlimited Data? itisme1760 iPhone 16 Oct 24, 2012 10:01 PM
Question About Unlimited Data, Using Another Accounts Upgrade? JGC1986 iPhone 4 Sep 25, 2012 08:54 AM
Verizon unlimited data users looking to upgrade Bswartz95 iPhone 4 Sep 12, 2012 06:59 PM
Upgrade Question with unlimited data socbrian iPhone 12 Aug 7, 2012 08:54 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:38 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC