Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:34 PM   #26
NJelect
macrumors member

I could be wrong but doubt Apple would miss the opportunity of a pre-holiday release, the latter would not be a wise revenue opportunity.
However, the new iMac may have ran into a few design/production obstacles that were unforseen.
NJelect is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:34 PM   #27
MacMiguel
macrumors regular

Well boys, I' fed up waiting and with this situation, tomorrow I'm gonna buy a Win8PC (800€) , this will be good for my health, this is SiCk!
MacMiguel is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:35 PM   #28
CWallace
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMultimedia View Post
This was the source. It's in French, but google translation is below. I enjoyed the fact that the new iMac will use the same method used to make an Airbus A380 jet. I wonder if it will fly.
Considering Airbus is still struggling to build A380s and they have issues with cracking in some of the Al wing structures, this might not bode well.

Really thinking it's a Haswell-based rMBP13 and my Apple Thunderbolt Display as my 2011 iMac and 2011 MBA replacement.
CWallace is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:35 PM   #29
Overg
macrumors 6502

I expected it, and indeed it happened.
January, and even later.
I wonde how can apple be in such awkward position that people won't be able to buy iMac at all!! Until January, full quarter with no product in the line, insane! By any company standards.
No doubt that apple obsession with super thin, super light cause to this idiotic delay.
Why on earth it matter about this damn 5 mm thickness? Who give a ****??
Overg is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:36 PM   #30
NJelect
macrumors member

Sorry, for your decision - I plan to wait since I am tired of looking at a square-box PC that has yet to evolve.
NJelect is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:37 PM   #31
uptownnyc
macrumors regular

Looks like it's either Hackintosh or a Mini with the Dell U2713HM if this is confirmed.
uptownnyc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:39 PM   #32
MacMiguel
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overg View Post
I expected it, and indeed it happened.
January, and even later.
I wonde how can apple be in such awkward position that people won't be able to buy iMac at all!! Until January, full quarter with no product in the line, insane! By any company standards.
No doubt that apple obsession with super thin, super light cause to this idiotic delay.
Why on earth it matter about this damn 5 mm thickness? Who give a ****??
Right, I agree with you. By other side... i think autodestruction buttom has been activated by Apple. It's just a time issue.... iPhone5= Fail, iPadmini= fail, iPad 4G falling underground......

This is a shi+!

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJelect View Post
Sorry, for your decision - I plan to wait since I am tired of looking at a square-box PC that has yet to evolve.

And I'm tired of waiting for an iMac that's always coming and never comes... I use the computer for working not for decoration
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:41 PM   #33
MojoRisinSD
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMiguel View Post
Well boys, I' fed up waiting and with this situation, tomorrow I'm gonna buy a Win8PC (800) , this will be good for my health, this is SiCk!
No one here is stopping you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMiguel View Post
Right, I agree with you. By other side... i think autodestruction buttom has been activated by Apple. It's just a time issue.... iPhone5= Fail, iPadmini= fail, iPad 4G falling underground......
How are any of those "fails"?
MojoRisinSD is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:41 PM   #34
forty2j
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMultimedia View Post
Citing a "commercial source,"
Seems legit.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:43 PM   #35
TennisandMusic

Ha ha. If this is true, by the time the iMacs ship, we will be on the verge of seeing Haswell come out. That would truly be a joke.
TennisandMusic is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:45 PM   #36
MacMiguel
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoRisinSD View Post
No one here is stopping you.

How are any of those "fails"?
You will see.... iPhone5 did not reach to have the growing curve as the iPhone 4s, all the economic indicators point that the iPhone market is decreassing....

iPad mini has sold well the first days but it's falling too, like the iPad market that is losing percentage os sales day to day...

I'm talking about economic information, it's just a time question and everybody will know it
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:45 PM   #37
tredstone
macrumors regular

Can they at least sell a friggin 2011 iMac on the store website if they're going to delay it? lol
tredstone is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:48 PM   #38
MrMister111
macrumors 65816

I believe some of this, that it is delayed, but I still think they will et at least some out, or pre-order out for the holiday season, for the exact reason some on this thread are mentioning...."right not waiting getting a Win PC/and/or other PC/Mac etc"

I'm waiting to, I want a 21.5" top end with fusion... I bet us here in UK, get it even later than US
MrMister111 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:48 PM   #39
Razorhog
macrumors 6502a

Maybe the extra wait will allow for the saving of money for a 768GB SSD.
Razorhog is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:51 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
But isn't this whole issue the COO part anyway? The vision part is already over with. Jony has already designed the next generation iMac. It's now the deployment of the product, supply and demand, and the supply chain as you mentioned. All three things in which Cook supposedly excels in.
As a CEO, he has a LOT more on his plate, responsibilities way beyond his ideal skill set. He is a great person to manage manufacturing, coordinate supply chain and ensure low inventory levels - NOTHING ELSE.

Leave vision, product development, marketing and all else to others; Cook alone doesn't have the bandwidth for that.
50548 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:53 PM   #41
gegeviana
macrumors newbie

Oh gosh..I just can't anymore..
gegeviana is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:53 PM   #42
Tri-stan
macrumors 6502

Cook would be out on the golf course taking a call where Steve would be bashing heads together. Apple have dropped the ball on this one.

I heard that when a deadline need to be met Steve Jobs would make everybody do late nights until release if need be. Apple is no longer that company. If it was not for Steve there would be no kids on those apple one's, instead they would still be using pens and paper.

Think of how many man hours these delays are causing now, all because Tim Cook is on the golf course
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:57 PM   #43
marc11
macrumors 68000

I cannot understand why a company would design a product they cannot manufacture in sufficient quantities to meet demand. Aren't sales, marketing, design and production teams talking to each other? A shortage is one thing, announcing a product and then continually delaying its release. No matter how great the product may be it looks horrible on the company. This is a bad trend for apple.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:58 PM   #44
gegeviana
macrumors newbie

the problem isn't even delaying it but announcing it..if they wouldn't be able to launch it on time why announce the whole thing in the first place?
gegeviana is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:58 PM   #45
Tri-stan
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRLawyer View Post
As a CEO, he has a LOT more on his plate, responsibilities way beyond his ideal skill set. He is a great person to manage manufacturing, coordinate supply chain and ensure low inventory levels - NOTHING ELSE.

Leave vision, product development, marketing and all else to others; Cook alone doesn't have the bandwidth for that.
That is all done and in place, we are waiting on cook now you useless man!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredstone View Post
Can they at least sell a friggin 2011 iMac on the store website if they're going to delay it? lol
Right get the 2011 iMac back in to production the 2012 is off!!!!
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:00 PM   #46
iMacFarlane
macrumors 65816

This is the way the iMac ends,
this is the way the iMac ends.
This is the way the iMac ends,
not with a whimper, but a BANG!

"We'll give them what they didn't ask for, then fail to deliver. Genius!!"
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:03 PM   #47
iMcLovin
macrumors 65816

This is a disaster! I dont even care if I would get it in February if I just can order it and deduct it on this years account budget. If they delay it over new year apple has really become useless with their promises. And now they don't even sell a proper desktop anymore. Pro is beyond outdated and I can't buy the current iMac, what is this??
This really frustrates me
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:03 PM   #48
MsDalfo
macrumors member

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Maybe I'll just keep the refurb one that's in the mail that I'm thinking about returning, then. I want to declare it on this year's taxes, and if the new computer isn't going to be out until next year, I don't think the discount I'm expecting ($50-100 off) will be worth the wait.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:05 PM   #49
hideous cheese
macrumors member

While I attach no particular insider knowledge to this, I was in Harrod's today which has an Apple Shop (Store inside a shop) and asked about the new iMacs.

Their educated guess was in the next 10 days. The guy said they'd heard nothing from Apple to suggest further delays.
hideous cheese is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:07 PM   #50
TouchMint.com
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisandMusic View Post
Ha ha. If this is true, by the time the iMacs ship, we will be on the verge of seeing Haswell come out. That would truly be a joke.
That is what it is looking like. Honestly ill just deal with developing on my air. no point in buying another new (already old machine) from Apple.

TouchMint.com is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac