Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:29 PM   #1
JBee1
macrumors newbie

iPod touch headphone channel loss

Greetings. I have an iPod Touch that is around 3 years old, maybe 4 (32gb). Don't know offhand what model. 32gb was the largest capacity when it was purchased. No food or water that I know of, but it has been heavily used for years. No jailbreak. Over the past year, the headphone/aux jack (when I use headphones) only provides sound to the right channel.

I have used compressed air to clean out the jack, but other than that am at a loss if anything else can be done to correct the problem. Also have tried several pairs of headphones to no avail). On occasion, I can slightly remove the connection so it's not fully touching the interior sensor and both right and left channel get sound temporarily. My guess is that the interior sensor is somehow/partially damaged.

I brought the unit to a iPod repair shop locally and was told that replacing the sensor, given the delicate nature of the device, can be costly as other parts have a tendency to break when doing so. Any ideas?

Thanks - J
JBee1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch