Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:39 PM   #1
LeandrodaFL
macrumors 6502a

iTunes, how to change number of the songs?

Im running Snow Leopard. I ripped some CDs to my Mac, but I would like to change the number besides them. This is in "Music" under "Library", not in a playlist. I will post a picture to illustrate the problem, using the 007 soundtrack as example:

The song "Thunderball" is listed as number 12, and I would like to change it to number 4, in order to illustrated the order the movies were released. (If you are familiar with 007 you will actually notice most songs are in a incorrect order.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2012-11-14 at 8.35.41 PM.png
Views:	79
Size:	223.3 KB
ID:	377328  
LeandrodaFL is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:13 PM   #2
Dave Braine
macrumors 68020

You'll have to do it by creating a Playlist for that album. You can then re-order them as you wish.

You can only change the order in the Music view by choosing a column; ie, time, date imported, last played etc.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:18 PM   #3
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeandrodaFL View Post
Im running Snow Leopard. I ripped some CDs to my Mac, but I would like to change the number besides them. This is in "Music" under "Library", not in a playlist. I will post a picture to illustrate the problem, using the 007 soundtrack as example:

The song "Thunderball" is listed as number 12, and I would like to change it to number 4, in order to illustrated the order the movies were released. (If you are familiar with 007 you will actually notice most songs are in a incorrect order.)
It's likely listed in order of track numbers, which you can change to your liking. Then if you sort Music by Track Number or by Album, they will be in order of the track numbers that you have entered. There's no need to create a playlist, unless you want to.
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:51 AM   #4
LeandrodaFL
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGJstudios View Post
It's likely listed in order of track numbers, which you can change to your liking. Then if you sort Music by Track Number or by Album, they will be in order of the track numbers that you have entered. There's no need to create a playlist, unless you want to.
How do I change the track numbers? Im a experienced user and tried to do it with no success
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:44 AM   #5
takeshi74
macrumors 601

Get Info on the track and update the metadata fields as desired.

I'd use a playlist but how to handle this sort of thing is a subjective matter.
takeshi74 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:30 AM   #6
LeandrodaFL
macrumors 6502a

Thanks, got it! I little hidden, but worked.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store