Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:06 PM   #1
Supernerd
macrumors member

Gamepad setup

I recently purchased a USB Logitech gamepad. I know nothing of the model, except that it looks PS3-based, I don't have the packaging, but I got it at a yard sale for 5$ and it is in good condition, all the bottons and sticks appear to work fine. My problem is with setting it up. I want to play Steam games with it, and with Big Picture, I have a reason to. But I haven't found a solution to set it up. I tried USB overdrive, which worked beautifully, except that the left stick controlled the mouse, and therefore look, and the right stick controlled movement, no way to switch them (I don't know if this is normal, I don't have a console, but I can't stand it). Also, if I decreased the sensitivity of the controller, I decreased the sensitivity of the mouse as though in system preferences, not cool for me. Is there another solution which is very free that will solve these problems? Big Picture has me very excited about this.
Supernerd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2013, 02:31 AM   #2
sarangiman
macrumors newbie

Same problem - any way to swap the sticks?

I have the same issue. Would be helpful if USB Overdrive would allow an option to swap the 2 analog sticks. As it is, the 'Z' & 'Rz' axes (assigned to the right analog stick) are rather useless... we just need an option to re-assign them to X & Y axes.

Still, this is all just a hack, & it surprises me that a good solution doesn't appear to exist for the use of a gamepad on a Mac. I'm going to give the Xbox 360 (for Windows) controller a try, using the tattiebogle driver (http://tattiebogle.net/index.php/Pro...ller/OsxDriver)
sarangiman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2013, 06:11 AM   #3
edddeduck
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarangiman View Post
Still, this is all just a hack, & it surprises me that a good solution doesn't appear to exist for the use of a gamepad on a Mac.
It depends on the game most Feral games support ~100 gamepads including 360 (using Tattie drivers) & Playstation 3. We even have pads like GameCube, Playstation 1 & 2 working using USB adapters and usually if you email support if the pad has enough buttons we can get it working.

Edwin
edddeduck is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games