Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:54 PM   #1
EricFinalFlight
macrumors newbie

Exclamation Question?

Hey Guys,
First off thanks for stoping by and taking the time to read. So here is my Question, i have a MacBook Air 13-in late 2010, It won't boot and only one beep can be heard. Now i know what that beep means it looks like the ram is not working or just bad, Now getting to my question is there a "Fix" for that issue. Like how the 2008 MacBook Pro's can be "baked" to fix the graphics card issue. Now what i am asking is, is there any fix like that out for the MacBook Air i already went ahead and "baked" it and nothing. So is there any "home remedie" fix a available for this type of issue.

Again i have a late 2010 macbook air 13 in, It won't turn on just a beep one beep.

Thanks
EricFinalFlight is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:09 PM   #2
mohsy90
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricFinalFlight View Post
Hey Guys,
First off thanks for stoping by and taking the time to read. So here is my Question, i have a MacBook Air 13-in late 2010, It won't boot and only one beep can be heard. Now i know what that beep means it looks like the ram is not working or just bad, Now getting to my question is there a "Fix" for that issue. Like how the 2008 MacBook Pro's can be "baked" to fix the graphics card issue. Now what i am asking is, is there any fix like that out for the MacBook Air i already went ahead and "baked" it and nothing. So is there any "home remedie" fix a available for this type of issue.

Again i have a late 2010 macbook air 13 in, It won't turn on just a beep one beep.

Thanks
Copy and Pasted - see if it works.
Step 1: Connect your power cord and plug it in if it isnít already connected. Turn your MacBook Air off.

Step 2: Press the following keys Shift+Control+Option on the left side of the keyboard while simultaneously pressing the Power button on the right side of the keyboard. Hold all these buttons for 5 seconds. This performs an internal hardware reset Ė you wonít see any activity.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:03 PM   #3
EricFinalFlight
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohsy90 View Post
Copy and Pasted - see if it works.
Step 1: Connect your power cord and plug it in if it isnít already connected. Turn your MacBook Air off.

Step 2: Press the following keys Shift+Control+Option on the left side of the keyboard while simultaneously pressing the Power button on the right side of the keyboard. Hold all these buttons for 5 seconds. This performs an internal hardware reset Ė you wonít see any activity.
Hey Moshsy,
Thanks for the reply back sadly i have tried and still nothing i know need a new mobo, but i figured if there was any crazy way of fixing this issue, like baking the borad but thanks.
EricFinalFlight is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:12 PM   #4
mohsy90
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricFinalFlight View Post
Hey Moshsy,
Thanks for the reply back sadly i have tried and still nothing i know need a new mobo, but i figured if there was any crazy way of fixing this issue, like baking the borad but thanks.
I havent heard of any other way to fix this. There are a couple of youtube videos out there showing this exact issue. Check out the comments, there are plenty of solutions posted, some work while most dont. It's worth a shot though.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air