Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac mini

Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:34 AM   #1
spiderman0616
macrumors 65816

How long does Barclay's usually take?

So I finally got the approval from my wife to pull the trigger on brand new Mac Mini, Magic Trackpad, and wireless keyboard. (going to hook everything up to our HDTV). I get on Apple.com, apply for the 6 month financing, and now I'm stuck in a holding pattern. They didn't approve my financing right away and it says they're "reviewing" it.

Anyone have any experience with the financing? How long does this usually take? We don't have credit issues or huge amounts of debt or anything, so I'm not worried about whether or not I'm approved. I just want to order my computer--the more time they give me to think about it, the more time I have to consider whether or not I REALLY need a new computer!!!
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:41 AM   #2
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

It could take a few business days at least. I presume.
GoCubsGo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:34 PM   #3
radiohed
macrumors regular

When I applied it approved me immediately so I would guess they are checking your credit further which shouldn't take more than a few days. I don't know if they will send you an email or actually mail you a card or a rejection letter. My approval was immediate and the actual card showed up within 5 days.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:58 PM   #4
pollaxe
macrumors regular

A mate of mine has just been through it to get a 15" Retina MacBook Pro. It ended up being a bit of a mess - Barclays seem to have lost the initial paperwork so they kept him waiting for a good ten days (saying he'd hear soon) before he was able to find someone on the ball enough to start the process again.

He's done okay out of it, as Apple are giving him some vouchers for the inconvenience but I'd keep a close eye on them and contact them regularly as I got to hear a lot of complaints (and swear words) every lunchtime when I would ask "Heard anything about the MacBook yet?" I hope your experience turns out to be better!
pollaxe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:57 PM   #5
spiderman0616
macrumors 65816

Ugh---maybe I should just give them a call.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:17 PM   #6
thekev
macrumors 603

The last line suggests that you don't really need a new computer. I wouldn't personally finance something that I don't really need, but that is me. Your choices are your own.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:42 PM   #7
spiderman0616
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekev View Post
The last line suggests that you don't really need a new computer. I wouldn't personally finance something that I don't really need, but that is me. Your choices are your own.
Haha--yes, because you know my finances and computer situation.
A) I have terrific credit.
B) I have very little debt (other than my mortgage)
C) My 7 year old PC is almost completely dead.
D) I'm only financing because my parents and my wife's parents each usually give us some cash for Xmas, so I want to pay for some of it with that after the holidays.

Got any other advice?
spiderman0616 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:54 PM   #8
thekev
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderman0616 View Post
Haha--yes, because you know my finances and computer situation.
A) I have terrific credit.
B) I have very little debt (other than my mortgage)
C) My 7 year old PC is almost completely dead.
D) I'm only financing because my parents and my wife's parents each usually give us some cash for Xmas, so I want to pay for some of it with that after the holidays.

Got any other advice?
You know I was commenting on something you stated. You said the more it was delayed, the more time you had to consider whether you really need one. The doubt seemed to be there without this further context. I am a little biased here. I absolutely abhor financing purchases.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 06:04 PM   #9
spiderman0616
macrumors 65816

My financing finally went through on Friday and I ordered my stuff. I am going to have a new Mac Mini to mess with over the 4 day weekend! Whoo hoooooo!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac mini