Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:35 AM   #1
freejack
macrumors regular

Where to buy an LTE Mini? (aka thread for those whose preorders were screwed over)

Like a good Apple fanboy I stayed up till 3am to order my LTE mini. Kept refreshing the apple store page and also the apple store app. At 2:55am, the app began accepting orders and I immediately entered my order for a black 16gb lte AT&T mini. Order was completed at 2:57am. Fast forward two weeks and I'm looking at my order status with a "preparing for shipment" status for the last four days.

Anyway, enough whining. This thread will be used to keep track of any stores selling the LTE mini. Please let us know.

I called the Manhasset store but they had no idea. The fifth ave store says maybe tomorrow or Saturday.
freejack is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:44 AM   #2
MyiBill
macrumors 6502

My iPad mini wifi said preparing for shipment until the morning it was delivered which was on release day.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:48 AM   #3
freejack
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyiBill View Post
My iPad mini wifi said preparing for shipment until the morning it was delivered which was on release day.
My wifi mini appeared on the apple support page a day before it shipped. Still don't see my lte model on the support page.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:49 AM   #4
HDJulie
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
But was your supportprofile page updated before that & was your credit card *charged* (not just a pending charge) before that? Those of us in this boat have neither of those things & I had both for the WiFi Mini even though I received no tracking number until the day before launch.
HDJulie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:08 PM   #5
MyiBill
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDJulie View Post
But was your supportprofile page updated before that & was your credit card *charged* (not just a pending charge) before that? Those of us in this boat have neither of those things & I had both for the WiFi Mini even though I received no tracking number until the day before launch.
I used a gift card so I dont know and wheres the support page?
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:15 PM   #6
HDJulie
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
I used a gift card so I dont know and wheres the support page?
supportprofile.apple.com
HDJulie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:27 PM   #7
shenan1982
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by freejack View Post
Like a good Apple fanboy I stayed up till 3am to order my LTE mini. Kept refreshing the apple store page and also the apple store app. At 2:55am, the app began accepting orders and I immediately entered my order for a black 16gb lte AT&T mini. Order was completed at 2:57am. Fast forward two weeks and I'm looking at my order status with a "preparing for shipment" status for the last four days.

Anyway, enough whining. This thread will be used to keep track of any stores selling the LTE mini. Please let us know.

I called the Manhasset store but they had no idea. The fifth ave store says maybe tomorrow or Saturday.
This was an incredibly botched launch... maybe not in result, but in communication. Readers saying they got upgraded shipping, iPads shipping out of order (people after me have the same model I ordered in hands already, and mine is still "Preparing...")... it's just a mess. Hopefully just a one-off product and not a sign of Apple's future product launches.

Had they communicated from the start that it'd be end of Nov it'd be ok. The issue is on the 7th they said it'd ship (via overnight shipping) within 5 days. Now 8 days later it hasn't even shipped, and now I'm being told the 22nd at the earliest, and that was assuming it shipped on the 14th... I dunno Apple, not impressed this time.

At least I was smart enough to buy the WiFi model to hold me over. I woulda been livid had I not. I know, starving kids in Somolia, gays getting beat in Iran... hehe
shenan1982 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:29 PM   #8
darngooddesign
macrumors G3

"Screwed over" Dramatic much?
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:32 PM   #9
Renjo2007
macrumors member

In my local bestbuy and apple store,no mini with cellular but the apple store has the ipad 4 verizon.
Renjo2007 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:46 PM   #10
freejack
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by darngooddesign View Post
"Screwed over" Dramatic much?
Seven hours ago I would've said no but right after posting it, my coworker went in anaphylactic shock and lost consciousness. We carried him into the car and I drove him to the nearest hospital going 50mph down a local road running a dozen red lights. When we got there he started convulsing. They stuck a defibrillator on him because his heart stopped beating for eight seconds at a time. Finally stuck him with and Epi pen and he stabilized.

So to answer that question now, then yes, I was being overly dramatic. My iPad mini really doesn't seem that important anymore. Life has an interesting way of putting things into perspective.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad