Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

konicky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 20, 2012
I used my 2010 Air in clamshell mode for several weeks hooked up to an external screen and on using it again in normal mode noticed several bright spots on the screen. Some sort of pixel damage I guess. Luckily it was still under guarantee with John Lewis and they replaced the screen but I was just wondering if this was a known problem. I certainly won't be using it in clamshell mode again!

TheRealDamager

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2011
There is nothing at all wrong with using these in clamshell mode. I suspect your issues was not related to that at all...

konicky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 20, 2012
There is nothing at all wrong with using these in clamshell mode. I suspect your issues was not related to that at all...

Well the screen was perfect before using it in clamshell mode and faulty after so read into that what you will !

TheRealDamager

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2011
That's an interest anecdote, but that's all. My wife and I use ours in clamshell mode all the time, and have for years (2010 and 2011 models) without issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.