Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac Pro

Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:47 PM   #1
akurczyk
macrumors newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to akurczyk
Mac Pro 1,1 + Nvidia GeForce 7300 GT + Windows 7

Hello,

In my school there is a Mac Pro 1,1 with Nvidia GeForce 7300 GT.

I have installed on it SL form retail DVD, then, using BootCamp Assistant i created Windows partition, and installed Windows 7. It doesn't detecting the graphic card. I have installed the BotoCamp drivers, but the graphic adapter isn't working still.

On Windows there is only 16 colours and 800x600 resolution. In Windows settings, the unidentified display is connected to some unidentified graphics.

I have tryied many drivers - those from BootCamp 1.3, from retail DVD, latest from Apple, and those from Nvidia. I reinstalled the SL and Win7 many times. It is still not working

I found that this GPU with oryginal firmware has some problems with Windows 7 and that thereis some patch for that. The problem is that this patch require some other fimwar version (newer). When updating it isn't telling me that this version of firmware is too old, but that there was some unidentified error.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3967?viewlocale=en_US

How can I upgreade this firmware or in other way install this graphics drivers on Windows 7?

I know that this Mac isn't support WIndows 7, but I found a several instructions how to set up Windows 7, even 64-bit version (mine is 32). Nobody had a problem with this graphics.

The problem is with (supported?) Windows Vista too.
akurczyk is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:14 PM   #2
makaveli559m
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by akurczyk View Post
Hello,

In my school there is a Mac Pro 1,1 with Nvidia GeForce 7300 GT.

I have installed on it SL form retail DVD, then, using BootCamp Assistant i created Windows partition, and installed Windows 7. It doesn't detecting the graphic card. I have installed the BotoCamp drivers, but the graphic adapter isn't working still.

On Windows there is only 16 colours and 800x600 resolution. In Windows settings, the unidentified display is connected to some unidentified graphics.

I have tryied many drivers - those from BootCamp 1.3, from retail DVD, latest from Apple, and those from Nvidia. I reinstalled the SL and Win7 many times. It is still not working

I found that this GPU with oryginal firmware has some problems with Windows 7 and that thereis some patch for that. The problem is that this patch require some other fimwar version (newer). When updating it isn't telling me that this version of firmware is too old, but that there was some unidentified error.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3967?viewlocale=en_US

How can I upgreade this firmware or in other way install this graphics drivers on Windows 7?

I know that this Mac isn't support WIndows 7, but I found a several instructions how to set up Windows 7, even 64-bit version (mine is 32). Nobody had a problem with this graphics.

The problem is with (supported?) Windows Vista too.
Hi just download the Nvidia graphic drivers, they work pretty well.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac Pro