Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

newmacguy91

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
Hello everyone.

I just currently got Mountain Lion 10.8 and I put the .dmg on a flash drive to install it. First, I completely erased my HD, and I think I made a big mistake because. I installed it onto my main partition. So when I look at my HD in disk utility it says 320 Gb then the brand, and under that it says mac os x or something of that sort. I try to boot using the flash drive and then try to restore using the flash drive with Mountain Lion 10.8 on it. The problem is that my main HD does not have journaling enabled. I then try to enable by clicking the button, but it is greyed out. I then try to hold option and then hit file and it is greyed out in the file menu as well. I think the problem is because I installed the mac os x on my main HD instead of installing it on a partition. Is there anything I can do? I am unable to erase my HD and I can not partition it either. Is there anything that I can do or is my mac gone? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.