Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Picture Gallery

Old Jan 4, 2012, 10:59 PM   #1
SaMaster14
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to SaMaster14 Send a message via MSN to SaMaster14 Send a message via Skype™ to SaMaster14
Post your BLACKBERRY Screenshots 2012

Well, I know this is an apple forum, but there has to be SOME BlackBerry love. Maybe some BB users with Macs, iPods and/or iPads like myself?

Please, DO NOT use this as a flaming thread... if you don't have a BB, DON'T POST...

I'll start it off. Wallpaper picture taken with my Bold 9930

And some older screenshots:

Old Jan 4, 2012, 11:22 PM   #2
puckhead193
macrumors G3

people still use blackberrys?

couldn't help noticed that you've stayed at the grand wailea in maui; what did you think? I went twice and stayed at the villas across the street... amazing place!!! (loved the golf on maui too!)
iPod Touch, 64 GB iPhone 5, 64 GB iPad 3
puckhead193 is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2012, 11:34 PM   #3
wordoflife
macrumors 604

Oh wow I didn't know bb's had widgets. is this something new? They don't look so bad.
wordoflife is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2012, 11:40 PM   #4
SaMaster14
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to SaMaster14 Send a message via MSN to SaMaster14 Send a message via Skype™ to SaMaster14
Yes, I've been staying at the Grand Wailea every year since I was young. Been going to Maui pretty much my whole life (I'm only 18 though). The villas are awesome, we've had family and friends stay at the Ho'olei and the other villas next door. We are in the napua rooms at the hotel, just my parents and I. Love it here.

And yes, there are many apps that allow for homescreen widgets on Blackberry. The one I'm using is called Fancy Widgets.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 06:15 AM   #5
chrf097
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckhead193 View Post
people still use blackberrys?
Blackberries are actually really really amazing and stellar devices. The issues is that nobody bothers to support them and make apps for them. I would get a Bold 9930 but because it lacks major support (Facebook app hasn't had an update in years, for example), I'm just not getting one. Probably the best phone for e-mail and communication though.

chrf097 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2012, 07:10 AM   #6
rmwebs
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrf097 View Post
Blackberries are actually really really amazing and stellar devices. The issues is that nobody bothers to support them and make apps for them. I would get a Bold 9930 but because it lacks major support (Facebook app hasn't had an update in years, for example), I'm just not getting one. Probably the best phone for e-mail and communication though.
Cant comment on the higher end blackberrys but I had a Bold (cant remember the model - I know its now about 2 years old) and hated it. You can tell that its a very old OS that's been patched like crazy to bring it up to date.

I've also had a small amount of development work on it and couldn't stand it - horrible devices to work with.

They are fantastic at email, but as a personal / non-work phone they may as well be a Nokia 3310.

(Note - I'm not taking anything away from people who like them here - just giving an experience of one of the lower end models, I paid about 150 for it IIRC)

Personally I'd like to see RIM start over with a new OS, instead of trying to bring the old one up to modern day requirements. It just feels like Symbian when using it, and its unnecessary.
rmwebs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2012, 08:25 AM   #7
NZed
macrumors 65816

how to take a screenshot on pearl 8120?
Old Jan 5, 2012, 09:51 AM   #8
Goftrey
macrumors 68000

The only thing that's keeping RIM above water is BBM.

...And now that iMessage has come out...
Old Jan 5, 2012, 10:13 AM   #9
LostSoul80
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmwebs View Post
They are fantastic at email, but as a personal / non-work phone they may as well be a Nokia 3310.
It depends on the use, as always. If your non-work point of view relies on gaming, then I agree. But I find BBs to be great to stay updated, email, news and social medias wide. BBM is great, and having a physical keyboard makes the difference.

/Off topic

How did you take the screenshots? Also, are you on OS 7, or is that just a theme?
Old Jan 5, 2012, 02:44 PM   #10
chrf097
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmwebs View Post
Personally I'd like to see RIM start over with a new OS, instead of trying to bring the old one up to modern day requirements. It just feels like Symbian when using it, and its unnecessary.
BB10, the new QNX-based OS that no one knows much about, is supposed to be rewritten from the ground up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSoul80 View Post
It depends on the use, as always. If your non-work point of view relies on gaming, then I agree. But I find BBs to be great to stay updated, email, news and social medias wide. BBM is great, and having a physical keyboard makes the difference.
I'm a heavy texter/e-mailer/IMer, but I also need my app support, better internet browsing, and a good camera. If the BB had all of that I'd get one.

chrf097 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2012, 03:01 PM   #11
LostSoul80
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrf097 View Post
I'm a heavy texter/e-mailer/IMer, but I also need my app support, better internet browsing, and a good camera. If the BB had all of that I'd get one.
That's too vague.
Applications are not even close in quantity to iOS' App Store's, but support is not an issue for the existing ones. As for internet browsing, that too is ok, even though it depends on the OS. And finally, 5 MP camera is not bad actually.
I'd suggest you to try a BB out. As I stated, the physical keyboard is a must if you type a lot!
But again, this is off topic. There must be other threads where Apple fans can show their closed minds.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 03:24 PM   #12
chrf097
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSoul80 View Post
That's too vague.
Applications are not even close in quantity to iOS' App Store's, but support is not an issue for the existing ones. As for internet browsing, that too is ok, even though it depends on the OS. And finally, 5 MP camera is not bad actually.
I'd suggest you to try a BB out. As I stated, the physical keyboard is a must if you type a lot!
But again, this is off topic. There must be other threads where Apple fans can show their closed minds.
The app quality on the BB is terrible though. The Facebook App and the twitter app are so horrid. The Bold 9930 just isn't built to take advantage of touch sites either.

chrf097 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2012, 04:26 PM   #13
SaMaster14
macrumors 6502

Screenshots guys...

But ya, I love my BB, compliments my iPad and iPod touch. It does lack apps, but that's why I have the iPad. (and games on my iPod). But the basic apps are there. Facebook 2.0 is actually decent on BB. And I honestly would miss the universal inbox and LED notification system that iOS lacks at the moment. Also would miss the amazing keyboard and ability to theme/customize without a jailbreak.

BB10, if RIM implements it correctly should be amazing. Ground up OS, running on the QNX core.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 03:57 AM   #14
SaMaster14
macrumors 6502

Old Jan 10, 2012, 02:13 AM   #15
Leet Apple
macrumors 6502a

How do you Take screenshots on a blackberry without the screen muncher app, My Bold 9790 is not compatible with Screen muncher
Old Jan 10, 2012, 02:19 AM   #16
SaMaster14
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leet Apple View Post
How do you Take screenshots on a blackberry without the screen muncher app, My Bold 9790 is not compatible with Screen muncher
I use the app CaptureIT. Works perfectly on OS7.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 02:23 AM   #17
3bs
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
Screenshots guys...

But ya, I love my BB, compliments my iPad and iPod touch. It does lack apps, but that's why I have the iPad. (and games on my iPod). But the basic apps are there. Facebook 2.0 is actually decent on BB. And I honestly would miss the universal inbox and LED notification system that iOS lacks at the moment. Also would miss the amazing keyboard and ability to theme/customize without a jailbreak.

BB10, if RIM implements it correctly should be amazing. Ground up OS, running on the QNX core.
I switched from a BB to an iPhone 2 years ago and I do miss the physical keyboard and LED notifications but isn't Notification Center like a universal inbox but? I actually hated how everything went to Messages on my BB. It was too messy.
3bs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2012, 03:08 AM   #18
SaMaster14
macrumors 6502

Message center is kinda like a universal inbox, but it's different. BB also has a notofication drop down. And I guess it's just preferences. I personally love the universal message app that has everything together.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 04:59 PM   #19
SayMilesAway
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goftrey View Post

honestly a lot of people have unlimited text messaging these days so BBM and iMessage don't really matter.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 05:03 PM   #20
SaMaster14
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayMilesAway View Post
honestly a lot of people have unlimited text messaging these days so BBM and iMessage don't really matter.
True. But BBM, for me, is a bit different. I love the status updates, profile picture, easy way to share location/pictures/videos/files, plus apps are integrated (foursquare, games (like game center), etc). iMessage is more like free texting and it gives the iPad and iPod Touch the ability to text (I LOVE this feature for my iPod and iPad... fun to connect with my iPhone friends that way).

But, Blackberry definitely still has good stuff to offer. Keyboard and LED are probably the main things, but I personally feel as though browsing and speed is up to par with iOS... only problem is the lack of apps.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 07:19 PM   #21
lewis82
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZed View Post
how to take a screenshot on pearl 8120?
Or on a Curve 9300?

I hate my BlackBerry. As soon as possible I'll change it for anything else, Android or iOS. I don't care, as long as it's a decent smartphone as opposed to the crap RIM produces.

(Sorry for the rant )
Old Jan 10, 2012, 07:32 PM   #22
NZed
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewis82 View Post
Or on a Curve 9300?

I hate my BlackBerry. As soon as possible I'll change it for anything else, Android or iOS. I don't care, as long as it's a decent smartphone as opposed to the crap RIM produces.

(Sorry for the rant )
Theres actually an app for that on the BB appstore.

Im neutral about my Blackberry, but i have to pay 35 CAD for unlimited BBM and text messages and thats it. And my BB wont even do 3G. EDGE only.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:05 PM   #23
ugahairydawgs
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goftrey View Post

iMessage is a nice concept, but BBM eats its lunch. Not only is BBM's message delivery more reliable, but it is far more secure than iMessage.

And, FYI, I say this with a 64GB iPhone 4S sitting next to me.
ugahairydawgs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2012, 02:15 PM   #24
SayMilesAway
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
True. But BBM, for me, is a bit different. I love the status updates, profile picture, easy way to share location/pictures/videos/files, plus apps are integrated (foursquare, games (like game center), etc). iMessage is more like free texting and it gives the iPad and iPod Touch the ability to text (I LOVE this feature for my iPod and iPad... fun to connect with my iPhone friends that way).

But, Blackberry definitely still has good stuff to offer. Keyboard and LED are probably the main things, but I personally feel as though browsing and speed is up to par with iOS... only problem is the lack of apps.
Ah, okay. I didn't realize it was that involved. I have never even used a blackberry.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 03:31 PM   #25
SaMaster14
macrumors 6502

And another one of my favorite parts of Blackberry... themes and customization:

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Picture Gallery