Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rhythmic-

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2012
See here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Hea..._MobilePhonesCasesPouches&hash=item4abd499ade

Would this be enough protection to prevent any dents, cracks?

First impression would be yeah, it looks like it would provide good protection; it's pretty much like Otterbox's Defender case. But it's also a cheap brand-less product, so you'd have to take that into account. The phone might be loose inside or something. Though since it's pretty cheap, yeah I'd take my chances.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
First impression would be yeah, it looks like it would provide good protection; it's pretty much like Otterbox's Defender case. But it's also a cheap brand-less product, so you'd have to take that into account. The phone might be loose inside or something. Though since it's pretty cheap, yeah I'd take my chances.

Yep well my last iphone 5 was dropped in concrete but I've sold it for a replacement. The damage was some dents round the corners.

I'm looking for something practical I can use when I'm out but use it without a case at home if possible.

rmbpuser

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2012
this looks nice i was looking for a protective case for when I'm at the gym
might get it myself hope it is easy to put on and take off tho

TaylorMatsu

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
Does price matter? I used to have this case for my iPhone 4 back when my job was a little more active. It's nice because you have the outer case for impact protection but it can be removed and used as just the slim inner case when you don't need the extra protection. Great quality too.

http://www.seidioonline.com/apple-iphone-5-convert-value-pack-black-p/bd5-hkr4iph5-bk.htm

I've bought a few Seidio cases and products and they are a quality company. Quite expensive at times but definitely worth it in most cases (no pun intended)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.