Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:47 PM   #1
gadget123
macrumors 65816

iPad 3 sluggish

My Ipad 3 is now sluggish, takes ages to change a wallpaper, load PDF ect..

Definitely got slower not because I'm use to Iphone 5. Is it something to do with Ipad 4 and the IOS6.1 slowing down Ipad 3?

To me it actually seems slower than Ipad 2 as I've compared. What's everybody elses thoughts?
gadget123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:09 PM   #2
Aspasia
macrumors 6502a

Have you tried clearing Safari's history and cookies? Or a hard reset?

Checked available capacity?
Aspasia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:00 PM   #3
Poochi
macrumors 6502

conspiracy theory suggests whenever Apple releases a new product, a "time bomb" is triggered in older devices to make it slow and sluggish so you would go to Applestore to shop for a new one.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:39 AM   #4
anubis1980
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget123 View Post
My Ipad 3 is now sluggish, takes ages to change a wallpaper, load PDF ect..

Definitely got slower not because I'm use to Iphone 5. Is it something to do with Ipad 4 and the IOS6.1 slowing down Ipad 3?

To me it actually seems slower than Ipad 2 as I've compared. What's everybody elses thoughts?
my three slowed down when ios 6 came out (every few minutes it the framerate of the screen would slow down) does same on the 4 too im hoping future releases of ios 6 will fix it. Its not a device issue as it happened on three ipads.

yours might just need to be reset? that can help too, not all of the ipads on 6 have the slowdown issue i have
anubis1980 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:51 AM   #5
neutrino23
macrumors 65816

You could do a restore.

Sometimes a process of some sort gets stuck running. The usual symptom is increased battery usage. I've had this problem once n my phone. I searched on the topic and found that others had the problem. The solution was a restore. I went to the Apple store and they plugged in some sort of diagnostic tool and confirmed that this was the case. There was no other solution than to do a restore. That took an hour or two including backups.
neutrino23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:34 AM   #6
misterspeakeasy
macrumors newbie

Same here.... iPad 3 running perceptibly slower

I think this happened round the time of IOS 6.

I have the 64Gb 3G UK model.

I am thinking that Apple may have seen this coming. Hence the rapid upgrade of the processor in iPad 4 and the removal of iPad 3 from the shelves.

I took a risk in getting the top of the range model when it was released, since it was never going to be compatible with UK 4G/LTE standards. Fortunately, it is compatible with the fastest variants of 3G in our cities. So I get download speeds of 12Mbps on public transport.
misterspeakeasy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:14 AM   #7
anubis1980
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterspeakeasy View Post
I think this happened round the time of IOS 6.

I have the 64Gb 3G UK model.

I am thinking that Apple may have seen this coming. Hence the rapid upgrade of the processor in iPad 4 and the removal of iPad 3 from the shelves.

I took a risk in getting the top of the range model when it was released, since it was never going to be compatible with UK 4G/LTE standards. Fortunately, it is compatible with the fastest variants of 3G in our cities. So I get download speeds of 12Mbps on public transport.
slows down on my 4 too.
anubis1980 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad