Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 17, 2012, 02:02 AM   #51
aleni
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayOfChaos View Post
How old are you, 5? I take my iPad everywhere. I love the size, hence why I didn't get the Mini.
im 29. btw i dont use a bag at all when im outside, that means i have to grab the ipad everywhere i go and that's a hassle. but not for the mini.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:41 PM   #52
DayOfChaos
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleni View Post
im 29. btw i dont use a bag at all when im outside, that means i have to grab the ipad everywhere i go and that's a hassle. but not for the mini.
Well, you type like your 3 and talk like your 5. Might wanna work on that.

Quote:
that means i have to grab the ipad everywhere i go and that's a hassle.
So grabbing your other iPad (with just a Mini attached) isn't? If grabbing it and holding onto it is a pain, you need to go to the gym.

DayOfChaos is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:16 PM   #53
aleni
macrumors 68000

Quote:

So grabbing your other iPad (with just a Mini attached) isn't? If grabbing it and holding onto it is a pain, you need to go to the gym.

shut up bro. english is not my native language, so please bear with it.

i didn't say it's a pain, but when u dont use a bag, holding a full sized ipad for a long time is really a hassle, but not the mini. which is smaller in footprint and muh much more lighter.

oh and yeah, at least i know the difference between you're and your.

so you're the one who types like a baby.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 11:55 PM   #54
DayOfChaos
macrumors 6502

Quote:
shut up bro. english is not my native language, so please bear with it.

i didn't say it's a pain, but when u dont use a bag, holding a full sized ipad for a long time is really a hassle, but not the mini. which is smaller in footprint and muh much more lighter.

oh and yeah, at least i know the difference between you're and your.

so you're the one who types like a baby.
My apologies. I forgot a comma and an e, you forgot 2nd grade basics in spelling.

If English is not your main language, I suggest you don't get used to using "u", "i", etc as it leaves an unprofessional appearance of you.
DayOfChaos is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:25 AM   #55
irDigital0l
macrumors 68030

Tried the mini today at Best Buy.

It was nice, but the non Retina display was too obvious.
irDigital0l is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:36 AM   #56
Infinitewisdom
macrumors regular

Quote:
My apologies. I forgot a comma and an e, you forgot 2nd grade basics in spelling.

If English is not your main language, I suggest you don't get used to using "u", "i", etc as it leaves an unprofessional appearance of you.
Sorry, I must interject. It's called a ******** apostrophe, not a comma.

And we're on an Internet forum. Who gives a rat's ass about professionalism? Seriously, get off your high horse.
Infinitewisdom is offline   10 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:54 AM   #57
Trat
macrumors regular

So like the mini: could never go back holding a heavy and big new ipad with is low bad battery life. Hope it takes a couple if years before they put a retina display in it so battery life is guaranteed.
Trat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 01:12 AM   #58
Badrottie
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random 995K View Post
I seriously doubt the next iPad will come out in march/april. They only released it in october so that they could move the release cycle to that month permanently imo.
We'll wait and see…Apple loves to surprise everybody.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 01:38 AM   #59
Whorehay
macrumors 6502a

Quote:

Not a comma, apostrophe. Get your 2nd grade grammar in check I bet he speaks English better than you speak another language.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:26 AM   #60
aleni
macrumors 68000

Quote:

OK, I learned a lesson of american's culture about how to look professional on the internet forum. you have to use capital "I" to write I as in I Am, and you can't use "u" as in "You are awesome".

thank you..
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:33 AM   #61
ZBoater
macrumors 603

Quote:
OK, I learned a lesson of american's culture about how to look professional on the internet forum. you have to use capital "I" to write I as in I Am, and you can't use "u" as in "You are awesome".

thank you..
You've learned another lesson of American culture: sarcasm. Congratulations, you're a natural!
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:06 AM   #62
Medic311
macrumors 65816

yeah i agree.

when i looked at the Mini compared to an iPad Retina, it looked like i was staring at a Lenovo X120e screen.
now for someone like my girlfriend who has never owned a tablet and wanted something smaller and light, the Mini is great. so that's what i bought her.

the iPad 2 has turned into a server's tray at this point. $399 is a scam. just buy it refurb for $319
Medic311 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:56 PM   #63
TofSanity
macrumors 6502

I went from a 3 to a 4 the 4 is awesome!!!
I purchased a 64gb this time since I found my comic & book collection was eating space
TofSanity is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:00 PM   #64
bobob
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Well, you did read it, then click it, then choose to even comment on it. If it bothers you, the back button is a click away.
Quote:
Smug and pushy - - what's not to like?
bobob is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:08 PM   #65
Bokes
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by TofSanity View Post
I purchased a 64gb this time since I found my comic & book collection was eating space
I'm thinking of doing the same.
How is your screen quality?
I've heard there are issues with the iPad 4's screen bleeding and also something about video. This is kind of holding me back since the screen on my 3 is perfect.

I would love to discuss any known issues with the Apple employee, but they also play dumb.
Bokes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:54 PM   #66
Awakener
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trat View Post
So like the mini: could never go back holding a heavy and big new ipad with is low bad battery life.

The "I cannot carry the iPad" comments are crazy. iPad is smaller than a standard paper tablet! It's about like carrying a professional planner or hardback book. People carry such things all day, every day.
Awakener is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:01 PM   #67
panzer06
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badrottie View Post
really? I hope iPad 5 will be THINEST I can wait until March/April 2013.
Ah yes, but what will you do if there is no Spring 2013 refresh?

Cheers,
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:11 PM   #68
DarwinOSX
macrumors 65816

I'd love to run a Mini with LTE but my aging eyes (53) really need a retina display. My iPad 4 is without fault in every way other than Verizon gouging for LTE service. At least I paid full price for my iPhone 5 so I have unlimited LTE on that. Planning on picking up a retina 13" MBP so I will have phone tablet and laptop all retina.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakener View Post
The "I cannot carry the iPad" comments are crazy. iPad is smaller than a standard paper tablet! It's about like carrying a professional planner or hardback book. People carry such things all day, every day.
I agree. It's silly.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TofSanity View Post
If you are into reading comics on a tablet you should check out Andy Inhaktos blog.

----------

Quote:
They can't change the laws of physics. No way to put a retina display in there for awhile unless they have a much thicker device with shorter battery life. I could personally live with that but I doubt Apple will make those sacrifices. It would also eat into their already slimmer than normal profit margin on the Mini.

----------

Quote:
well at least i have my slower mini everywhere, oh and where's your ipad 4? oh it's being left at home because it's too big and cumbersome to bring it everywhere. LOL
Mine easily goes everywhere with me.
http://www.amazon.com/STM-Jacket-iPa...s=stm+ipad+bag

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattopotamus View Post
I own both right now, but the more I use the mini the more I like it. At first I could not get past the screen, but using a difference browser definitely helps.
What browser are you using and why does that help?
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:18 PM   #69
iHeartsteve
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarwinOSX View Post
I'd love to run a Mini with LTE but my aging eyes (53) really need a retina display. My iPad 4 is without fault in every way other than Verizon gouging for LTE service. At least I paid full price for my iPhone 5 so I have unlimited LTE on that. Planning on picking up a retina 13" MBP so I will have phone tablet and laptop all retina.

What browser are you using and why does that help?
I'm Using mercury browser and it makes a huge difference. so much sharper than safari. Bc of this, I'm going to keep my mini until retina display comes out.
MacBook Pro | 15 Retina Display
iHeartsteve is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:19 PM   #70
bigboar
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakener View Post
I agree! The extra little bit of weight and size are well worth the trade off compared to the screen on that other device.... I am so glad I returned mine and got the 4, I loved it as soon as i turned it. While I had the other I was constantly trying to make myself like it but couldn't...
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:17 PM   #71
Random 995K
macrumors 6502

Quote:
True
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:22 AM   #72
gdeusthewhizkid
macrumors 6502a

does the retina display make that much of a difference for you guys?
2x TVs | 64 gig iPad3 |Canon 5d mark2 with various lenses
gdeusthewhizkid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:27 AM   #73
mattopotamus
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdeusthewhizkid View Post
it is a huge deal to me. Like going back to a tube TV from a HDTV
mattopotamus is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:31 AM   #74
AppleRobert
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdeusthewhizkid View Post
Nope. More than offset by weight, size and price of the Mini.
AppleRobert is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:04 AM   #75
DoubleSevens
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Then..I saw the Mini. I laughed. The A5 is alot slower, the screen is laughable, and I read about the 512MB of RAM, which doesn't future proof the Mini at all.
It's great you got an iPad 4, but why be a complete condescending douche about the iPad Mini?

Laughable? - That statement actually makes me laugh. I have a Retina MBP 15, a 4S and an iPad 3. The mini screen is obviously not Retina, but my first impression was what the hell is wrong with people? How insecure are you about preference that you must pound specs into your own head to justify a purchase? The screen is completely adequate - not amazing - but functional. At no point did I think it would be useless.

As for future proofing...it's an Apple product. The mini will work, and work well for 2-3 years - I will no doubt upgrade by then because I can afford 300-500 every 2 years for a device I'll use daily. If you dont want to upgrade every few years, a tablet probably isn't a device for you...Hell even tech in general is something you should avoid. The days of owning products for 5-6 years is sadly coming to an end.

In response to speed and the A5 - it is now the most popular/used apple chip. If you think apps will not be optimized with the largest user demographic in mind, you are sorely mistaken. Someday the A6/A6X will be King, until then, you live in a world of the A5 (you will still get way better performance).
DoubleSevens is offline   3 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad