Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:44 PM   #1
illippinno
macrumors member

iPad Mini & 2 Weeks Shipping thru Apple Store Online

Hey guys, so I've been trying to locate a black iPad mini 32gb and my local Apple Store, Best Buy, Walmart, etc and so far, no luck. I need to have one by 11/30 for a birthday gift, and I was wondering if anyone recently ordered a mini and if the shipping estimate is pretty accurate, or has anyone gotten theirs sooner?

Thanks!
illippinno is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:21 AM   #2
Dstopsie
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by illippinno View Post
Hey guys, so I've been trying to locate a black iPad mini 32gb and my local Apple Store, Best Buy, Walmart, etc and so far, no luck. I need to have one by 11/30 for a birthday gift, and I was wondering if anyone recently ordered a mini and if the shipping estimate is pretty accurate, or has anyone gotten theirs sooner?

Thanks!
Did you try target? I am in Los Angeles and target had a pretty good stock on them last week. You might want to try target

Also you might want to try the store Mac Mall people are saying that they got them through Mac Mall like in 2 to 3 day shipping go on the website Appleinsider and look for the phone number or just Google the phone number for Mac Mall and tell them that you're from Apple insider website I think they might even get like a little bit of discount
Dstopsie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:17 AM   #3
ALMF
macrumors regular

I ordered a mini and it originaly said that the estimated delivery date would be on Tuesday the 27th, today I received and email saying that it is shipping with a delivery date of Friday the 23rd. 4 days earlier than original estimate.
ALMF is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:23 AM   #4
AppleRobert
macrumors 68000

Cannot speak for Apple stores but a clerk in Best Buy checked the warehouse for Minis and none of any color and gb size were available. Not to say that would be the same everywhere for best buy but ....
AppleRobert is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:01 AM   #5
Guy Mancuso
macrumors 6502a

I picked up a 64gb WiFi last night here in Phoenix at Best Buy. No 32gb though which is what I wanted.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:02 AM   #6
madsci954
macrumors 65816

My wife ordered one for me (early Christmas present ) on Sunday, November 4. Black 16 GB wifi model, said "Delivers Nov 27." I've been watching the order like a hunter stalking a buck, and it was labeled "Processing Items." Then on Wednesday, Nov 14, it changed to "Preparing for Shipment" at which point I was like Dark Helmet

It was then shipped out this morning, Friday November 16. The tracking number hasn't shown up in FedEx's system yet but probably will soon

UPDATE: The tracking number showed up, the estimated delivery is Monday, Nov 26, one day less than Apple said.

Last edited by madsci954; Nov 16, 2012 at 10:45 AM. Reason: New info
madsci954 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:04 AM   #7
Appl3FTW
macrumors 6502a

^^^ hopefully urs didn't get bumped like my 21st delivery > 26th delivery.

FAIL
Appl3FTW is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:43 AM   #8
illippinno
macrumors member

Thanks everyone for the tip. I made one last run and calls based on Dstopsie's tip and I finally found one at Target. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dstopsie View Post
Did you try target? I am in Los Angeles and target had a pretty good stock on them last week. You might want to try target

Also you might want to try the store Mac Mall people are saying that they got them through Mac Mall like in 2 to 3 day shipping go on the website Appleinsider and look for the phone number or just Google the phone number for Mac Mall and tell them that you're from Apple insider website I think they might even get like a little bit of discount

Thanks Dstopsie. I decided to call around Target as well (I guess I forgot we had those. Lol) and only one in town carried a 32gb black mini so all is well! The Targets I've been to didn't advertise they sell minis on their displays though, which I guess is why they still have some stock. Thanks for the tip!
illippinno is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:04 PM   #9
Dstopsie
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by illippinno View Post
Thanks everyone for the tip. I made one last run and calls based on Dstopsie's tip and I finally found one at Target. Thanks!

Thanks Dstopsie. I decided to call around Target as well (I guess I forgot we had those. Lol) and only one in town carried a 32gb black mini so all is well! The Targets I've been to didn't advertise they sell minis on their displays though, which I guess is why they still have some stock. Thanks for the tip!

Hi. Your welcome! So glad you were able to find one. Welcome to the mini family!! I got a 16 gig white mini myself after trying apple's reservation system for 5 nights.

Congrats and have a happy thanksgiving too!!!

Last edited by Dstopsie; Nov 16, 2012 at 05:23 PM.
Dstopsie is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad