Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:13 AM   #1
aliensarecool
Banned

Those with battery issues, this worked for me

For those with battery problems...I just backed up my phone, restored it, set up as new, then put the backup back on, turned off all system services, and I saw a 1.5 hour improvement.
aliensarecool is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:19 AM   #2
numberforty1
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensarecool View Post
For those with battery problems...I just backed up my phone, restored it, set up as new, then put the backup back on, turned off all system services, and I saw a 1.5 hour improvement.
I set as new and did the same. It helped a little ( i think)
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:26 AM   #3
Myiphone7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensarecool View Post
That's so odd I read on here people who get 7-8 hours and others with 3.

Personally I was fortunate to be on the 7-8 range but I am confused as to why so many other people are experiencing sig less battery times.
Myiphone7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:14 AM   #4
MattBookBower
macrumors member

I'm not too sure about my battery.

It was 100% when I left for work this morning, listened to the radio for about 30 minutes and just general facebook browsing and texting.

Time since full charge is...

Usage - 1 hour 15 mins
Standby - 2 Hours 39 minutes

My battery is currently at 77%, is this correct or do I need to see a Genuis?
MattBookBower is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:04 AM   #5
HeezyBear
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBookBower View Post
I'm not too sure about my battery.

It was 100% when I left for work this morning, listened to the radio for about 30 minutes and just general facebook browsing and texting.

Time since full charge is...

Usage - 1 hour 15 mins
Standby - 2 Hours 39 minutes

My battery is currently at 77%, is this correct or do I need to see a Genuis?
There's so many factors that come into play with this. It depends on the brightness of your screen, how good your reception is, if your apps are pulling your location, if you're on wifi, etc. Someone could do the same thing you did with a lower brightness and on wifi and still be at 95%. If when your battery is down to 1% and you have over 5 hours of usage you're good.

The biggest factors I found to optimizing battery life for me are reducing screen brightness, turning off location services in apps that I don't ever want knowing my location (twitter, Facebook, Dictionary, etc), and turning off System Services such as Location-Based iAds, Genius for Apps, etc. Also, I manually fetch email because the emails I receive just aren't that important, but that all depends on who you are.
HeezyBear is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:35 AM   #6
MattBookBower
macrumors member

Yeah, I don't really have many location services running, and have my screen brightness turned down to about 35-40%.

Someone in another thread has indicated that I should go and see a genius this weekend as it's not normal, I guess I'll have to see useage when I get to 1% tonight and report back.

Worst battery I've ever had on a phone though.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:34 AM   #7
aliensarecool
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBookBower View Post
Yeah, I don't really have many location services running, and have my screen brightness turned down to about 35-40%.

Someone in another thread has indicated that I should go and see a genius this weekend as it's not normal, I guess I'll have to see useage when I get to 1% tonight and report back.

Worst battery I've ever had on a phone though.
6 hours they'll tell you is what it's rated at
aliensarecool is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:22 AM   #8
waterinfish
macrumors newbie

waterinfish is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:33 AM   #9
MattBookBower
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterinfish View Post
And what type of results are you getting?
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:00 PM   #10
aliensarecool
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterinfish View Post
Restore without back up for a couple days
aliensarecool is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:41 PM   #11
wacky4alanis
macrumors 6502

I'm getting better battery life on my iPhone 5 than any other iPhone I've ever had. I can actually go 2 days for the first time. I've always had to charge my others every night.
wacky4alanis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:43 PM   #12
nburwell
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacky4alanis View Post
I'm getting better battery life on my iPhone 5 than any other iPhone I've ever had. I can actually go 2 days for the first time. I've always had to charge my others every night.
Same here. Although I charge my phone every night as long as my battery percentage is below 50%. I thought my 4S had great battery life, but I think the i5 battery is better.
nburwell is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone