Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aliensarecool

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
For those with battery problems...I just backed up my phone, restored it, set up as new, then put the backup back on, turned off all system services, and I saw a 1.5 hour improvement.

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2010
For those with battery problems...I just backed up my phone, restored it, set up as new, then put the backup back on, turned off all system services, and I saw a 1.5 hour improvement.

That's so odd I read on here people who get 7-8 hours and others with 3.

Personally I was fortunate to be on the 7-8 range but I am confused as to why so many other people are experiencing sig less battery times.

MattBookBower

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2012
Bournemouth, England
I'm not too sure about my battery.

It was 100% when I left for work this morning, listened to the radio for about 30 minutes and just general facebook browsing and texting.

Time since full charge is...

Usage - 1 hour 15 mins
Standby - 2 Hours 39 minutes

My battery is currently at 77%, is this correct or do I need to see a Genuis?

HeezyBear

macrumors regular
May 21, 2010
I'm not too sure about my battery.

It was 100% when I left for work this morning, listened to the radio for about 30 minutes and just general facebook browsing and texting.

Time since full charge is...

Usage - 1 hour 15 mins
Standby - 2 Hours 39 minutes

My battery is currently at 77%, is this correct or do I need to see a Genuis?

There's so many factors that come into play with this. It depends on the brightness of your screen, how good your reception is, if your apps are pulling your location, if you're on wifi, etc. Someone could do the same thing you did with a lower brightness and on wifi and still be at 95%. If when your battery is down to 1% and you have over 5 hours of usage you're good.

The biggest factors I found to optimizing battery life for me are reducing screen brightness, turning off location services in apps that I don't ever want knowing my location (twitter, Facebook, Dictionary, etc), and turning off System Services such as Location-Based iAds, Genius for Apps, etc. Also, I manually fetch email because the emails I receive just aren't that important, but that all depends on who you are.

MattBookBower

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2012
Bournemouth, England
Yeah, I don't really have many location services running, and have my screen brightness turned down to about 35-40%.

Someone in another thread has indicated that I should go and see a genius this weekend as it's not normal, I guess I'll have to see useage when I get to 1% tonight and report back.

Worst battery I've ever had on a phone though.

aliensarecool

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
Yeah, I don't really have many location services running, and have my screen brightness turned down to about 35-40%.

Someone in another thread has indicated that I should go and see a genius this weekend as it's not normal, I guess I'll have to see useage when I get to 1% tonight and report back.

Worst battery I've ever had on a phone though.
6 hours they'll tell you is what it's rated at

waterinfish

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2012

wacky4alanis

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2009
I'm getting better battery life on my iPhone 5 than any other iPhone I've ever had. I can actually go 2 days for the first time. I've always had to charge my others every night.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
I'm getting better battery life on my iPhone 5 than any other iPhone I've ever had. I can actually go 2 days for the first time. I've always had to charge my others every night.

Same here. Although I charge my phone every night as long as my battery percentage is below 50%. I thought my 4S had great battery life, but I think the i5 battery is better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.