Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JohnnyAndre

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
California
All of the major tech sites are reporting the LTE iPads are available in retail stores ... Mainly AT&T or Sprint ... After calling all of the Apple/AT&T stores in my area (SD) I have had no luck with finding an LTE mini. Best Buy was the same story. What gives?

Has anyone else made any progress here? What's going on?

JohnnyAndre

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
California
Yeah, I called UTC Otay and Fashion, according to them they haven't even gotten their shipment in. Must have been the SD batch that got stolen in NY :p

gear02

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2004
I'm going to head to the 5th avenue NYC store at 6am (open 24/7) and see if they have any in stock...

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2012
I was wondering this also. I've called corporate and asked the local store and no one knows. Some have said not until December! Ugh apples loss, theyre losing sales.

I want my iPad mini LTE now...

d0r1en0

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2010
San Diego
Yeah, I called UTC Otay and Fashion, according to them they haven't even gotten their shipment in. Must have been the SD batch that got stolen in NY :p

I just bought my iPhone 5 yesterday. When I was there, the reps I spoke to, said even if they did sell them on Friday they aren't told till the day off.

I don't see sprint selling them, as it's been reported, and the company who makes the product not.

"Sprint just announced that it would begin selling the iPad Mini in some of its physical stores starting later today. That likely indicates that other carriers and Apple Stores will begin stocking their shelves with the LTE iPad Mini as well. We’d earlier heard that Apple Stores had received shipments of the 4G iPad Mini and AT&T would also begin stocking shelves today. We also know that Best Buys have been receiving stock and will likely begin selling today as well."

sdsvtdriver

macrumors 65816
Jul 31, 2008
Southern California
I'm wagering that they'll go on sale tomorrow. They probably have some in the back an aren't saying they do...

Gonna hit up North County and return this wifi 32 I have and hopefully pick up an LTE.

eagleglen

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I got tired of waiting and picked up a wifi only iPad 4 yesterday. Apple has started their Holiday Return policy now, so anything purchased from now until the end of the year can be returned until I believe the second week of January in order to accommodate Christmas gift returns. So I'll just wait until I know the stores are stocked and return the one I got for an LTE version then. I doubt it will take longer than the normal two week return window, but extra flexibility enticed me :p

d0r1en0

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2010
San Diego
6:30 AM EST nobody but me and the street sweeper in the parking lot. Not your typical rollout. Going to be a long time until 10:00AM. May all be for naught.

welp, i hope its a good thing. keep it up. cuz im pst, so itll be 7am my time when you find out. itll be good for either both, or one of us. hoping its both, but at least if its not a go, youve looked out for the west coasters. :cool:

msw323

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2011
FYI

Verizon now has them available for order on their site, so I am assuming that verizon stores will have the, today. Most likely corporate stores only.

I may take my shot there first, then hit up apple stores if need to, Target opens at 8, so will need to check with them as we'll.

luigi408

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2008
Can you guys post please if Apple has them in stock in the East? You guys are going to find out before us in the West. That way we can get a heads up and go to the Apple store before they open :D Thanks! You guys rock!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.