Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion

Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:35 AM   #1
jimbo1mcm
macrumors 6502a

Nice work Tim

By sitting on your hands and not giving any updates on production, you have driven the stock price down to around $525 and probably heading further south. Why don't you try and act like a leader and make a statement about what is going on with the Imac and other products? You can even have someone write it for you and read it over a teleprompter.
jimbo1mcm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:00 AM   #2
niuniu
Banned

Tim will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks for your feedback.
niuniu is offline   25 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:08 AM   #3
iMikeT
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo1mcm View Post
By sitting on your hands and not giving any updates on production, you have driven the stock price down to around $525 and probably heading further south. Why don't you try and act like a leader and make a statement about what is going on with the Imac and other products? You can even have someone write it for you and read it over a teleprompter.

1) If all you really want to do is vent about the rumors about the delay with the 2012 iMac, I suggest that you seek professional help instead of starting a thread complaining about Apple's CEO.

2) Complaining in the iMac forum in MacRumors really won't get anywhere. If you have an issue with Tim Cook, I suggest you get a hold of him directly, tcook@apple.com.

3) There are plenty of reasons outside of Apple as to why the stock price is where it is. One of them, and probably the biggest reason, is overall market conditions. If you haven't noticed that shares of pretty much EVERY publicly traded company has taken a hit the past few weeks because of the so-called "fiscal cliff". In fact, AAPL is trading along in-line with how the Dow is moving.

4) No one on here cares about your issues with Apple and my reply is one out of pity.
iMikeT is offline   7 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:15 AM   #4
aquaboy
macrumors regular

So far it's only a rumour, the clue is in the forum's name.
Until the apple store changes it's 'available in...' statement, why should we believe any rumours?
aquaboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:21 AM   #5
MonkeySee....
macrumors 68040

It says "coming soon" on the website. That's enough to know for now. At least you know its coming.

Always keep the rhythm in your feet and a little party in your shoulders. - Phil Dunphy
MonkeySee.... is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:32 AM   #6
ThirteenXIII
macrumors 6502a

Site says Coming November, still have some time left in November ...
ThirteenXIII is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:35 AM   #7
MonkeySee....
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirteenXIII View Post
Site says Coming November, still have some time left in November ...
Nah, it says "Coming Soon".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Soon.PNG
Views:	7
Size:	228.0 KB
ID:	377618  

Always keep the rhythm in your feet and a little party in your shoulders. - Phil Dunphy
MonkeySee.... is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:44 AM   #8
tekno
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeySee.... View Post
Nah, it says "Coming Soon".
No, it says available November/December if you go to the store.

What amazes me, delay or not, is that Apple have totally pulled the iMac for the interim! So, if you want one, you CAN'T BUY ONE!!

Such an odd decision!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-11-16 at 09.50.36.png
Views:	3
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	377619  

Last edited by tekno; Nov 16, 2012 at 03:51 AM.
tekno is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:01 AM   #9
MonkeySee....
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekno View Post
No, it says available November/December if you go to the store.

What amazes me, delay or not, is that Apple have totally pulled the iMac for the interim! So, if you want one, you CAN'T BUY ONE!!

Such an odd decision!
Ahh ok. Thanks for the post

MonkeySee.... is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:05 AM   #10
tekno
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeySee.... View Post
Ahh ok. Thanks for the post
Although, thinking about it, "Available in November" probably means available to order. Might not mean it'll be shipping in November.

Only time will tell...
tekno is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:12 AM   #11
JustMartin
macrumors 6502

Do I smell an 'investor' who bought at an all time high without realising that stock prices can go down as well as up?
JustMartin is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:20 AM   #12
tom vilsack
macrumors 65832

As long as they don't have issues (Like new mini's) id be happy to wait!
tom vilsack is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:40 AM   #13
quasinormal
Banned

Forbes magazine back in April was recommending readers buy at $580 and stated that the target share price was $1000. Have the fundamentals of the company changed that much in a bit over 6 months?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/darcytra...tmas-in-april/

What do you guys think? Wait a few more weeks to reap further falls and then buy or buy now at $525?
quasinormal is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:03 AM   #14
Isengardtom
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasinormal View Post
Forbes magazine back in April was recommending readers buy at $580 and stated that the target share price was $1000. Have the fundamentals of the company changed that much in a bit over 6 months?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/darcytra...tmas-in-april/

What do you guys think? Wait a few more weeks to reap further falls and then buy or buy now at $525?
There is a general negative trend for the stocks ( fiscal cliff, Greece, recession worries, ...) so I think it'll go down before it goes up
And it will only go up (significantly) on stellar earnings for this quarter
So if the holiday quarter will be good, it'll go up, if not expect an even larger drop.

I'm just guessing off course, but I have a feeling that iPhone sales are going to disappoint. I'm not sure about iPad.

Long term, apple will need to bring a new product to the table, as their growth in iPad/iPhone is decreasing and I believe their market share will go down thus decrease in stocks

but again, I'm just guessing here ... :-)
Isengardtom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:03 AM   #15
borostef
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMikeT View Post
1) If all you really want to do is vent about the rumors about the delay with the 2012 iMac, I suggest that you seek professional help instead of starting a thread complaining about Apple's CEO.

2) Complaining in the iMac forum in MacRumors really won't get anywhere. If you have an issue with Tim Cook, I suggest you get a hold of him directly, tcook@apple.com.

3) There are plenty of reasons outside of Apple as to why the stock price is where it is. One of them, and probably the biggest reason, is overall market conditions. If you haven't noticed that shares of pretty much EVERY publicly traded company has taken a hit the past few weeks because of the so-called "fiscal cliff". In fact, AAPL is trading along in-line with how the Dow is moving.

4) No one on here cares about your issues with Apple and my reply is one out of pity.
I also don't like to complain too much, but I also don't like people that talk to people in a patronizing way... If the thread starter felt the need to vent a little and make some points on an OPEN forum that is his right...
I also think that some of the decisions of the current Apple leadership are wrong, but, hey, I can't do anything about that...
And on your fourth point, I would like to add: I care!
borostef is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:20 AM   #16
squan
macrumors member

Remember a month ago where there wasn't even an new iMac? "Coming Soon" back then would've been the best thing ever. Now it's the worst for some people, even though it's the same news. People have a big tendency to focus on what they don't have, instead of what they do. And a "Coming Soon" is a pretty good thing to have, 'cause that means... it'll come soon.

Just sit tight, and do something useful while waiting.
squan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:27 AM   #17
Shrink
macrumors Demi-God

OMG...nobody has posted that repetitious, annoying, and pointless "Where is iTunes 11"??

OOPS...

Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:38 AM   #18
Ddyracer
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom vilsack View Post
As long as they don't have issues (Like new mini's) id be happy to wait!
Gulp. What issues?
Ddyracer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:24 AM   #19
obsoletepower
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddyracer View Post
Gulp. What issues?
Screen randomly going black for a few seconds, a few times in the span of an entire day and HDD clicking noises. A friend of mine went through 4 Mac Minis before giving up on them completely and going with a MacBook Pro. Take a look in the Apple Support forums for the new Minis.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:35 AM   #20
forty2j
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo1mcm View Post
If he wants to guide the company by the daily movement of the stock price, he's not leading at all. He's catering to the fund managers who want to make their quick buck and sell.. and ultimately that behavior would lead to the failure of the company.

That so many people can own part of a company without giving a rat's behind about its long term success is one of the more unusual quirks of our economy. A true leader needs to learn to ignore them.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:46 AM   #21
mchoffa
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsoletepower View Post
Screen randomly going black for a few seconds, a few times in the span of an entire day and HDD clicking noises. A friend of mine went through 4 Mac Minis before giving up on them completely and going with a MacBook Pro. Take a look in the Apple Support forums for the new Minis.
I was considering just getting a mini and a 27" display until I read all of the complaints in addition to the H4000 not being able to smoothly run 2 external displays

REALLY hope that after all this waiting for the iMac we don't end up seeing a bunch of QC issues
mchoffa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:35 AM   #22
Nandifix
macrumors 6502

IMac with iTunes 11??
Nandifix is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:36 AM   #23
mazakii
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMikeT View Post

AAPL, in general, outperformed the main index, specially in recent years.
People said things like 'AAPL never falls' in a year ago, because it went up and up, even against the whole bearish global market. Only until the recent months performance has proven that AAPL is no one special in the stock market.
'So it could go down as well' is what worries investors.
Plus, the downward chart in recent months is very steep. It signals something wrong.
mazakii is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:24 AM   #24
Hakone
macrumors 6502

Ya, they said November or December but didn't say what year.
Hakone is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:44 PM   #25
iMikeT
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by borostef View Post
I also don't like to complain too much, but I also don't like people that talk to people in a patronizing way... If the thread starter felt the need to vent a little and make some points on an OPEN forum that is his right...
I also think that some of the decisions of the current Apple leadership are wrong, but, hey, I can't do anything about that...
And on your fourth point, I would like to add: I care!

I'll patronize and condescend all I want. As you pointed out, it is an OPEN forum by the way. So if you think anyone can vent all they want, even in a section of the forum they shouldn't be venting in, I have the right to call them out on it.
iMikeT is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion