Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rantzzz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2012
Hi guys,

Been experiencing an issue whereby I am connected to wifi but the Wifi icon is missing. A restart of the phone fixes it, but it has been recurring quite frequently and I am tired of restarting the phone everytime this happens

When this problem happens, I am still able to surf on the wifi network, it's just that the wifi icon is missing from the status bar

Any clue?

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Hi guys,

Been experiencing an issue whereby I am connected to wifi but the Wifi icon is missing. A restart of the phone fixes it, but it has been recurring quite frequently and I am tired of restarting the phone everytime this happens

When this problem happens, I am still able to surf on the wifi network, it's just that the wifi icon is missing from the status bar

Any clue?

Just to get this out of the way; are you jailbroken?

adm.hpe

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2012
How do you know you are connected when the icon is missing. This might sound stupid, but could your Wifi be dropping out?

rantzzz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2012
I am not jailbroken

I know i am connected because i can surf the net even when i switch off cellular data. there are no symbols of LTE or wifi yet i can surf net. thats how i know i am connected

MxMxM

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
I have the same problem.

Same issue.
WiFi icon is gone. It shows 4G instead.
However, when I go to WiFi in Settings, it shows that I am connected to my WiFi network.
To double check, I used the app "Fing" to scan my network. (It shows all the devices on the network.) It doesn't work when connected to AT&T 4G. So, in my test, it shows all the devices of my WiFi network as I expect.

iTunes says my software is current.

Rebooting does make the icon reappear. I just tested this, so I don't know if it will last.

isova

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2013
I had the same issue. The wifi icon came back on my iPhone after I deleted few unwanted applications. I had a lot of apps and was doing cleanup. You can give it a shot and see if it helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.